Looking for Apprenticeship

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam.kitt

Reaction score
Hello

I am looking for an electrical apprenticeship. I have recently passed my level 1 electrical installations and will be progressing to level 2 in September.

I want to further my studies and career. Are there any companies around the London area currently looking for apprentices?

I am currently learning to drive and hope to be on the road by August. 

Thank you Sam

Hi Sam, it's nice to see you trying to get on and learn, I had a friend who's son wanted to be a spark, like you he couldn't get a placement so he started coming out on jobs with me as and when I could find something for him, eventually in his final year at college he found a placement with a company who helped him finish off. He's now self employed and doing very well for himself, hopefully the same will happen for you.

May I suggest you do an email and send it to all the companies in your area, keep it short, just basics, how you're doing at college, what type of work you are looking for etc. Just enough to act as a "hook" to get somebody to bite, then you can give them further information, it's quite tough out there at the moment so try and be positive, remember, you are trying to sell yourself, and people only buy the best things. good luck and all the best for the future.