Anybody else getting plagued by spam mails from Bark.com

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M107

Billy-the-Kid
Reaction score
They are one of these lead generating companies..............I have snapped I'm afraid after a flood of them this past week

This is today's email......

Hi,

Hope you’re having a great week ☺

I work on the concierge desk at Bark.com. One of my clients has asked me to find them a Electrician in Fernhill, Rushmoor. I’ve included the details of what they want below.

I was wondering if you’d be interested in speaking to them and doing this job? If so please click the link to our website below.

Contact Terri Now:
https://www.bark.com/find-work/the-...general-electrical-services/9de6e8b8/p572698/

We normally make a small charge for speaking to our clients but there’s no charge on this occasion as you’ve not used the service before.

I’d love to get your feedback and hear how you get on . You can email or call me anytime using the details below.

Here's the details that Terri provided:

What kind of work do you need doing?: Install

What problems do you have?: Conection wookshop

How long have you had the problem?: No problem, just need installation

What kind of fixture or appliance needs work?: Wiring

Will you provide all necessary materials and parts?: Yes - I will provide the materials and parts

What is the type of property?: Workshop shed

When do you need the works doing?: In the next 2-4 weeks

Have a large wooden workshop all plugs there needs to conect

Thanks!

Chloe Windsor
Concierge Team
Bark.com
[email protected]
020 3697 0237

So my reply is ........

Hi Chloe

If you get your client to ring my office I shall make an appointment with them to look at what they require & quote accordingly.

I must however for future reference inform you I also charge a small fee to ALL management & lead/service locator companies, this covers for any leads that are passed to me that do not result in me gaining the work or having my quotation declined.

As you or your clients have never used my professional electrical services before I am able to offer you this one time introductory offer of a half price fee if after your client calls me they do not accept my quotation or subsequently cancel the work after the 14-day cooling off period from date posted on any quotation supplied.

As the lead provider, you will be liable for any costs incurred by myself for materials purchased prior to any customers cancelling work before or after the 14-day cooling off period.

I would be more than happy to supply you with my full terms and conditions I use for companies such as yours, these do state cold calling or spam emails offering potential work/customer leads will be taken as acceptance of terms & conditions & subsequent quotations not accepted will be invoiced/charged at the set rate of £200 per quote.

I also state in my T&C's that I will not be required to stop any such spam emails & cold calls but will charge £200 per email/cold call that do not provide customer details for me to call to arrange supply of quotations (as per above comments); to stop these fee's it is the responsibility on the sending company (in this case Bark.com) to stop sending spam emails or cold calling.

Any non payment of invoice will be subject to the standard 8% increase after the set period of 30 days & will be forwarded to debt collection for payment if not received at 38 days from date of initial invoice.

Kindest regards

Mr Phil Mcgroyne

:D

My phone rings several times a day and i get emails asking me to do work from "management cos" . I delete the emails and never answer the phone to nos i do not recognise.

That way i waste no time (apart from deleting an email and looking at the phone) - which is bad enough.

I dont take it personal, just minimise the impact of this lettuced that goes on

Like Kurt , I get a few similar on my Evans Electric email . They usually consist of offering a "lead" to some work in the North B,ham area.

I check that email about four times a week and delete 99% of what is there .

Much like the landline BT phone which is permanently on answerphone  which takes around ten calls a day from "Microsoft" in India .  We never pick up unless theres someone we know shouting "Hello Its me ! Pick up !" 

I notice more spam on private BT email these days , a lot of them , strangely , have a particular font .    One appeared to be from ebay , which I opened , a big red notice appeared saying do not proceed , delete this immediately .   You just never know .    

they still dont bother. got one at the moment, she wont answer her phone, left messages and text messages, still no response
I had one of those, on 4 occasions arrangements were made to carry out the works, on each occasion the job was cancelled, always by text and always in under 24hrs before job was due to be done.

The last time she cancelled was due to her suffering, ' a bout of severe diarrhea and vomiting', I must admit when I saw her leaving her house several hours later, all dressed up, she looked very relaxed,hardly the look of someone who could possibly carp herself at any moment.

The company says that it's London based, however, the domain has no registrar details. I'm checking the IP address for a location, and will then provide registrant detail which you can spam to you hearts content.

The emails actually originate from Dublin, not the UK. Don't unsubscribe, rather block the sender as spam or report via MXToolbox or similar and have the email black listed.

I'll post back...

The IP address is Dublin based, trust me I'm an IT expert who's being plagued by these emails. Not any more...

The IP address is Dublin based, trust me I'm an IT expert who's being plagued by these emails. Not any more...

Possibly your expertise needs a bit of improvement relating to posting personal details regarding an unrelated third party onto a public forum. As a new member of less than 24hours posting your personal opinions on the forum, suggesting what activities a non-member may or may not be doing can leave the forum owners open to legal action. Whilst you are perfectly entitled to your opinion, your background is an unknown quantity, the person you named is an unknown quantity, and without additional corroborative evidence your post suggesting our members  "Knock yourselves out, email, call, whatever. Good luck."  to the contact details you had posted would not be within the aims, objectives or terms of use of the forum.

I will just remind you of some of the terms and condition you have accepted by using this forum. Although I would normally expect IT experts to be knowledgeable and up-to-date with the legal obligations of posting digital content onto a public access forum.

You agree not to: 

1. Post, publish, distribute, or disseminate material or information that is defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, threatening, abusive, harassing, unlawful or deemed to be incorrect by The Forum.
2. Post, publish, distribute, or disseminate material or information that incites discrimination, hate or violence toward any person or group on account of their race, religion, disability, nationality or otherwise; threaten, abuse, disrupt, stalk or otherwise violate the legal rights (including rights of privacy and publicity) of others;

Your earlier post has been removed and any content you post that could be of a defamatory or unacceptable nature will also be removed. Please feel free to contribute and use the forum in the manner it is intended, Thank you.

Doc H.