Campervan

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leslie1961

Reaction score
Hi everyone.I recently bought a campervan that used be a Southern Electricity van. I found a hook up system for site camping while I was taking the old kitchen out of the van . This was a stand alone system that had no connection at all with the leisure battery. So the power went straight from the site hook up, into the van via a blue three pin plug and socket.....through a hole underneath the van, into a household double socket!. I know very little about electricity but would have thought there should be a fuse box somewhere along the line. Or is the fuse on the campsites hookup post?

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

Les.

Why? It is no different to just plugging in an extension lead. Perfectly fine, all of my blue 3 pin plug to 13A socket adaptors agree with me.

No one has said otherwise have they Lurch ....all I said was there will be circuit protection in the hook up   and it feeds a socket in the van. :C

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes Leslie  there will be a circuit breaker and an RCD  on the caravan hook up box  . 

It sounds , in your case , that it just feeds the one socket in your campervan.
Cheers for that. I presume the same applies in Spain, taking into account polarity check.?

Why? It is no different to just plugging in an extension lead. Perfectly fine, all of my blue 3 pin plug to 13A socket adaptors agree with me.
Thanks Lurch.

I don't really know , other than I thought we had harmonized our electrics across the EU , someone  here will know ...stay tuned.  Those plugs & sockets are "Euro" sockets .   If the plugs are fitted correctly you can't get the polarity wrong .  Voltage is 230 in Spain  but you might need an adaptor made up with a Spanish socket on it. 

The Camping Club is probably the best people to ask on that.

No one has said otherwise have they Lurch ....all I said was there will be circuit protection in the hook up   and it feeds a socket in the van. :C

I must have misread that when I replied, I think I took your "hook up box" to mean a CU in the camper. No idea why, must be tired.

Its an age thing ........next you'll be holding the newspaper at arm's length and cranking to sound up on the TV.  :innocent

Edit :    And making typo,s all over the place.

Its an age thing ........next you'll be holding the newspaper at arm's length and cranking to sound up on the TV.  :innocent

Edit :    And making typo,s all over the place.
Oh yes ageing it's wonderful isn't it? I've got the full house, hearing going, eyesight going, what hair I have left is almost white, grey hairs on my chest, and the obligatory middle aged spread. So far there's only one place I haven't got grey hairs, but it's only a matter of time lol.

It's funny because on one of my email addresses I get loads of spam,even that is now telling me I'm getting old. A few years back I'd get the odd message " sign up to **********  and hook up with hundreds of young girls between 18 and 30 in your area" now even that's altered, got one the other day "dozens of older women 50+ looking to meet men in your area, sign up now" .

The thing is it's bad enough getting old, you don't need a computer telling you you're past it, the doctors are good enough at doing that, all of a sudden I'm a 'gentleman of a certain age' , according to the doctors, drinking is bad for me, smoking is bad for me, getting excited is bad for me, and as for chasing younger women, well that's definitely out, as one A+E doctor took great delight in telling me!

makes you wonder what's to look forward to about getting old, what with deafness, blindness, arthritis, and all the other ailments that come with getting old, the only pleasures a bloke can look forward to are drink, a smoke, and if you're lucky the attentions of a younger woman.

Oh yes ageing it's wonderful isn't it? I've got the full house, hearing going, eyesight going, what hair I have left is almost white, grey hairs on my chest, and the obligatory middle aged spread. So far there's only one place I haven't got grey hairs, but it's only a matter of time lol.

It's funny because on one of my email addresses I get loads of spam,even that is now telling me I'm getting old. A few years back I'd get the odd message " sign up to **********  and hook up with hundreds of young girls between 18 and 30 in your area" now even that's altered, got one the other day "dozens of older women 50+ looking to meet men in your area, sign up now" .

The thing is it's bad enough getting old, you don't need a computer telling you you're past it, the doctors are good enough at doing that, all of a sudden I'm a 'gentleman of a certain age' , according to the doctors, drinking is bad for me, smoking is bad for me, getting excited is bad for me, and as for chasing younger women, well that's definitely out, as one A+E doctor took great delight in telling me!

makes you wonder what's to look forward to about getting old, what with deafness, blindness, arthritis, and all the other ailments that come with getting old, the only pleasures a bloke can look forward to are drink, a smoke, and if you're lucky the attentions of a younger woman.
Just for you Phil.

Subject : In a Bar

A 71 year old man is having a drink in a Chicago bar. Suddenly a gorgeous 19 year old girl enters and sits down a few seats away.

The girl is so attractive that he just can’t take his eyes off her. After a short while the girl notices him staring, and approaches him.

Before the man has time to apologize, the girl looks him deep in the eyes and says to him in a sultry tone:
“I’ll do anything you’d like. Anything you can imagine in your wildest dreams, it doesn’t matter how extreme or unusual it is, I’m game. I want 100 dollars, and there’s another condition”.

Completely stunned by the sudden turn of events, the man asks her what her condition is.
“You have to tell me what you want me to do in just three words.”

The man takes a moment to consider the offer from the beautiful woman. He then whips out his wallet and puts 10 ten-dollar bills in her outstretched hand.

He then looks her square in the eye, and says slowly and clearly:

“Paint my house.”

That’s three words. LOL!

Still better than the alternative though I suppose .  

Just for you Phil.

Subject : In a Bar

A 71 year old man is having a drink in a Chicago bar. Suddenly a gorgeous 19 year old girl enters and sits down a few seats away.

The girl is so attractive that he just can’t take his eyes off her. After a short while the girl notices him staring, and approaches him.

Before the man has time to apologize, the girl looks him deep in the eyes and says to him in a sultry tone:
“I’ll do anything you’d like. Anything you can imagine in your wildest dreams, it doesn’t matter how extreme or unusual it is, I’m game. I want 100 dollars, and there’s another condition”.

Completely stunned by the sudden turn of events, the man asks her what her condition is.
“You have to tell me what you want me to do in just three words.”

The man takes a moment to consider the offer from the beautiful woman. He then whips out his wallet and puts 10 ten-dollar bills in her outstretched hand.

He then looks her square in the eye, and says slowly and clearly:

“Paint my house.”

That’s three words. LOL!
Didn't see that coming . :Salute

I,want to be shot on my 100th birthday by the jealous husband of an 18 year old blonde nymphomaniac

If you are still at it at 100, why not wait another ten years to see how you feel then? :)

Or before you are shot, pass on the contact details of this 18 year old to a few other forum members. Its no good wasting valuable information such as that.

Doc H.

Yeah right!....like she'll be any use for,anything?.......making breakfast maybe
Making breakfast is probably the last thing she'd be any good at, judging by modern standards.

We were on holiday once and this attractive young thing from a caravan a few hundred yards away approaches me,I'm begining to think my lucks in, "I,m sorry to bother you, but my boyfriend has gone out and I want to surprise him by cooking lunch for when he gets back". oh well there goes that one, I thought to myself, "anyway how do you cook beans and sausages?" she asks, I tell her you simply warm them up on the cooker, she thanks me and begins to walk away, pauses, turns, then drops the big one, "would you open the tin first or leave it until they're cooked?"