Under the heading " Never Assume" Please feel free to add your "Never Assumes"

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NA (1)   Never assume the switched spur on a timed fan isolates the fan .    More times than I can count , the earlier installs switch the L & N  leaving the S/ L  or trigger wire live .

NA (2)  Never assume that the circuit chart numbers on C/Us are correct . Sometimes they don't get updated  /   Sometimes  there are idiots like me who only count from the left , 

irrespective of where the main switch is .  :Sorry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Never assume the apprentice has actually isolated & locked off  the DB after being asked to do so........just as well I checked before removing sockets.

Never assume if the BMS says the extract fans faulted that it's not just jammed. Know a lad lost a finger doing that. Took the grill off, gave it a nudge... :)

And as for wives...never assume she's happy with the new door position in the 1' thick bathroom wall even though you discussed it and she agreed. You're simply going to have to move it again. Don't ask me how I know! :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that was one of the first things TBH  .   We made our own test lamps back then & that was one of the first things I was told ,   I remember it well, the sparks said ,  "even if I say its dead ....you still check it yourself"

Never assumed that just because the 5th core is dead when you check it it's not in use. 

Also on the subject of what the opposite sex says, never assume that just because you're agreed to go on a date with a guy that he won't come up with a ****ty last minute excuse and bail out.

Never assumed that just because the 5th core is dead when you check it it's not in use. 

Also on the subject of what the opposite sex says, never assume that just because you're agreed to go on a date with a guy that he won't come up with a ****ty last minute excuse and bail out.

move north. i wouldnt abandon you...

Latest posts