Thermal Imaging Camera

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
havent had a chance to use it properly yet, but seems OK so far

my only snag with it, if you have an open on a pair it says that pair is OC but it doesnt say which one in the pair is OC

havent had a chance to use it properly yet, but seems OK so far

my only snag with it, if you have an open on a pair it says that pair is OC but it doesnt say which one in the pair is OC
Really?

I hadn't noticed that

I will,create a fault tomorrow and try it

thought I had an issue port blinking a POE as it IDd the POE then locked out on port blink as there was a voltage! WELL!there would be if it was ported on an active POE switch!,,

anyway, unplugged it, plugged it back in and it blinked like a good'un on the switch. Saved a LOT of time

Really?

I hadn't noticed that

I will,create a fault tomorrow and try it

thought I had an issue port blinking a POE as it IDd the POE then locked out on port blink as there was a voltage! WELL!there would be if it was ported on an active POE switch!,,

anyway, unplugged it, plugged it back in and it blinked like a good'un on the switch. Saved a LOT of time

yep, had a long length of cable, plugged in both ends, all good. snipped a single core and it said the pair was OC

Not tried it yet....can you not switch the scanning mode down to an individual core instead of ALL cores OR is it only toning you can get down to,an individual,core?
I think they need 2 cores to work, they test them as pairs, blue- blue/white, green-green/white etc. I know my meter has a TDR built in and it gives you the length of each pair.

I think the only way to find a broken core is to do it old school, if say you have a fault on the blue pair, then test between say blue and green and if they come back as a loop then test between blue/white and green, if it comes back open circuit then it's the blue/white at fault.

We did have a tester at BT that found faults in underground cables, but that relied on the open leg being shorted to earth.