vomiting cat

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

binky

retired and loving it!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Apache.

1 of my cats seems to be frequently sick just after eating over the last couple of weeks. Not every time, but it seems that she does a good impression of being out all day, then stuffing herself silly and being sick. She has done this a few times before, and it seems to co-incide with catching mice and birds. Not sure if this is something to worry about or not?

I would only be concerned if she does it more than once a week and was looking a bit thin or lacklustre.

One of my cats used to be called the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal, until we started her on 50% Iams cat food, then she stopped eating like it was going out of fashion, her fur was much silkier and she was generally happier.

cheers, Paul

I would only be concerned if she does it more than once a week and was looking a bit thin or lacklustre.

One of my cats used to be called the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal, until we started her on 50% Iams cat food, then she stopped eating like it was going out of fashion, her fur was much silkier and she was generally happier.

cheers, Paul

she is very much the runt of the litter, all black, and we reckon is the reincarnated Scarlet Pimpernel - I've never known a cat sneak around as much as Digger does. She seems well enough in her own right, so might just be down to different cat-food?

Animals that eat from the wild vomit up the parts of the prey that they cannot digest . This may be the cause if you have not noticed any other deterioration in her condition or behavior. If you have I would take her to the Vet.

I'm familar with regurgitated body parts, not seen any of those. I've booked her into vet for tomorrow, if I can catch her. Most awkward cat I've ever had! Seems to have second sense perception of vet visits then disappears...... even disappeared this afternoon whilst I was phone to vet :shakehead

Last edited by a moderator:
Our house backed on to a farm, the cat regularly threw up on the lounge carpet bits of mouse or bird intestines.

The vet told us to stop feeding her as she was getting more than enough grub catching mice on the farm. We took her off tinned cat food and fed her on brown bread and salmon paste butties. The stubborn little ****** lasted until she was seventeen.

23 our tabby was. Would clear a mouse nest bring the young back one by one and finishing with the adults. Been told they don't eat the gall bladder apparently. Often find just intestines of small rodents (birds?) on the lawn. Nieces cat, the tiniest little black thing is unreal. Comes back with and eats full grown rabbits. Something to see when she drags it up the wall into the stable away from prying eyes.

I have noticed she's eating the jelly off the cat food, but not the lumps of meat. So I suspect teeth need looking at as Digger always used to prefer dry cat food.

It's no wonder animals don't like going to the vets, lets be honest they are not the nicest of people, in fact from an animals point of view they must seem positively weird.

Imagine meeting someone you've not met before, or maybe not seen for over a year,and the first thing they do is bend you over and ram a thermometer up yer jacksie, hardly the best way of making a good impression, is it?

Another one to remember is that most animals like dogs and cats, will eat until they are sick, if they get the chance. something to do with before they were domesticated and not fed regularly.

anyway, 1 visit to vet and a very upset cat (getting her into a cat basket is no mean feat - for a runt she can't half fight! It will 6 months before digger comes near me again ) and there appears to be nothing wrong with my mini ninja. Teeth are OK, no sign of stomach issues, vet suggested that as she is getting on a bit, 12 years old, that possibly a touch of irritable bowel syndrome may be to blame. Will try a few different cat foods and see what happens.

Getting the cat in to her travel box wasn’t a problem, getting her out was a different matter. The vet and I got it down to a fine art, we both wore leather gauntlets to extract a homicidal cat. Once out I kept the gauntlets on to hold her down.

She did get away once, it took us an hour to extract her from the back of a filing cabinet.

once at the vet Digger is absolutely fine, she hasn't scanned the area so doesn't know where to run and hide, so is quite compliant. She does know getting back in the basket means going home, so that bit is really easy. Today she still hates me and will do for at least a month.... :shakehead