Just wondering about data sharing .

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Deciding to buy a new vacuum cleaner we log onto the maker's site  , Shark,   coming to fill in details on purchase the box asks for name address etc .

I type in a D  and it fills in the rest  , including email address, post code . 

I expect this on Amazon, ebay,  Go Compare etc   but never used this site before .....sometimes its a bit scarey. 

Edit :     HHmmm I think I see it now ...just opened emails and theres ,, guess what ...  at the side...  two adverts for Shark vacuums .

Last edited by a moderator:
Your browser will have some sort of auto fill.

Not sure why you'd expect it from eBay & Amazon etc? No website should have all of your data like that, and they certainly shouldn't just give it to you without logging into your account first.

Well same as this Forum I guess,   I only need to hover over the sign in boxes and my sign in details appear ....don't have to keep typing in .

Amazon uses the "remember me"  sign in........but as I said, somewhat surprised at a site never used before .

So you reckon my browser does it automatically .  

Mrs Deke worries about buying with credit / debit cards online .......carries them in metal wallet so they can't be scanned.

But buying online is the way of the world these dyas.

Get an additional account with a debit card , transfer the amount into that account before the purchase so there is nothing for them too pinch.

Yes but the credit card will have a cash withdraw limit that they could drain. If you leave the debit acount with the minimum amount in , then the transaction amount deducted, they will get nowt lol.

I must admit, I'm absolutely phobic about putting my bank details on line, I simply won't do it, the thing is money's tight at the moment and if a few hundred quid went missing it'd cause major problems. I keep meaning to get a prepaid card, note I said keep meaning to,lol.