Business bank account

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steptoe

of course Im wrong, ask my wife™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone recommend a decent bank account for a small trader/ 1 man band ltd co. ?

I'm with Barclay's at the minute, what a shower of Sprouts,!!!!!

I'm with Santander, no issues in the last 4 years. I like their online security too, although it can be tricky to work out the bits you need to get in, so a password manager is a must for me.

cheers, Paul

Just called into TSB , the wife is with them, and local branch.

Might give them a go, just going to have a search through their bumf online, 

So, its either going to be them or Santander by the looks of things,

I need to get this sorted this weekend hopefully,

Barclay's have just "lost" about £2k of my money, and not once thought to tell me until I rang up, 

"Yes, there are some issues , but we are investigating why its happened and will let you know when its sorted."

WTG, what's to investigate, just either put my money back in the account, or else pay it to the people that were meant to get it,!!!!! :shakehead

Take a plastic bag and fill,with dog faeces and rotting fruit. Seal and place in a warm place for a few days.

pour it out and you have Barclays 

they "lost" my mothers  safety deposit boxes

decided to centralise them

insisted they had told her and 'she must have forgotten and destroyed the letters as she was Old!'....I reacted unfavourably to this, unusual,for me!

eventually, after two,years , we got compensation, a written apology admitting that they NEVER contacted her. They found the boxes and we got them back. We had to get he FCA and the Ombudsman involved. New defecation orifices were ripped

Take a plastic bag and fill,with dog faeces and rotting fruit. Seal and place in a warm place for a few days.

pour it out and you have Barclays 

they "lost" my mothers  safety deposit boxes

decided to centralise them

insisted they had told her and 'she must have forgotten and destroyed the letters as she was Old!'....I reacted unfavourably to this, unusual,for me!

eventually, after two,years , we got compensation, a written apology admitting that they NEVER contacted her. They found the boxes and we got them back. We had to get he FCA and the Ombudsman involved. New defecation orifices were ripped
They did that with me too, fortunately there was very little money in the account, basically due to mental health problems I " lost myself " for a few months, when I came back I knew I had an account with them but couldn't remember the details. I gave them my full name and the address, I used to live at and they were adamant that I had NEVER had an account with them. I had a similar thing with another large bank, the thing was that particular bank was the one work used and at that time we were paid by cheque, the only way to get it cashed was to use the bank who issued the check, so I banked with them.

I currently use Yorkshire Bank and have no problems,they give me only what I want, don't try and sell me things I don't want or need, and the bonus is they aren't ringing me up all the time bothering me.

ye,

looks like lloyds TSB, there is one 10mins from me,

rang them last night, and they seemed helpful, so will do the online thing today,

plus, the wife has banked with them since school, and she says never had any issues with them.

I got 4 accounts with Santander, Never any issues, apart from telling me that i had to take my bike helmet off. I told them that they would not DARE to tell a muslim to take their stuff off. They just said; "I know mate, but it is all on camera and that is what we are told to do or get sacked!!]

john..

They refused to serve my mate in the Post Office as he had his bike helmet on 'top', of his head but not fully removed

he was in the queue between two fully 'letter-boxed up' individuals ....assumed to be women but WHO Knows?

anyway he went BatPoo crazy and accused the staff of being racist towards HIM!....I don't think they were expecting that

All banks have good and bad points, and some people will have bad experiences and some won't, and vice-versa. Some of the banks recommended here I wouldn't touch and wouldn't recommend at all.

It really makes no difference, probably no better off swapping banks tbh.

There is no point in having a cheap bank unless you do all the transactions on line..... I could save a couple of pounds each month in fees, but to pay chequers in I would then need to drive 4 miles and pay £1.30 to park....