Wylex REC 2S

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who do you buy yours from I ask?

I'm waiting on Denmans , its difficult because they are not Wylex stockists apparently.

They're expensive at TLC .

There expensive at CEF .

Their Proteus version is £39.60  :eek:

They're around £12  on Planet Earth.

I thought there was something going on ,  I thought I'd buy the Proteus one because its what this area DNO fit but CEF  ask £33 + VAT .    I bet the DNO are not paying that price.     I could make one up but the enclosures don't look the business TBH.   I'm knee deep in 100A  x DP  switches  and an enclosure @£5  but they like to seal the incoming  ( Don't know why)  

Now you've said that I think we've had this before.

@Evans Electric

Are you in a panic Deke,?

I could stick one in the post to you. 
No panic  Stepps , thanks for the offer , I may end up accepting it though .  job will be in about 2 weeks .

I'm wondering if the DNO's are cornering the market on them , they seem as rare as hen's teeth.

Wasn't @SBS Dave selling them? 

Proteus ones are 💩 the hex bolts on them wear very easily.
That sounds about par for the course ....I connected to one  this week , fittedby DNO and it seemed OK , as you say , Allen Screw terminals.

Just  going to have a look at Lurch's RS , they don't usually offer much discount.  

Yeah,  looks like RS have cornered the market , they have over 3000  of 'em .

Might just order two .  They're at the right price  £12 + VAT

The other thing of course , is that under the 17th  ammendment the enclosure would need to be steel ,  that would mean earthing the damn thing ....Oh no it won't ...DNO equipment doesn't come under 7671  does it , hence  meters & cut-outs are still plastic.

Last edited by a moderator:
RS pricing used to be in cloud cuckoo land but they have got their act together recently. I just built some panels and used several thousand pounds worth of random kit and a lot of it came from RS as they were the same or cheaper than Farnell etc and their ordering process is a lot less "unique" than some other sites.

Last edited by a moderator:
ive noticed that too, rarely ever used RS in the past, recently ive been using them a lot more. their delivery is one of the better ones too, order before 9 (iirc, might be 8?) and its there next day whereas i think kerchs corner shop are getting a bit unpredictable, sometimes it doesnt get sent til the following day even when ordered well before cutoff time

You know where the scoob button is

Only if your link doesn't look like someone fell asleep on the keyboard.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232406904294

They're Allen headed grub screws in the Proteus one I did the other day

I've come across a couple of those. They're a PITA, who decided that was a good idea? Now I need to find a 3mm insulated allen key driver thing, not sure where my old filed down 4mm terminal driver is these days.

Sold my last REC2S last week. Customer wanted isolation via a 100A/100mA TD RCD for a TT system. So I took out the Main Switch and put in the TD RCD.

Worked out really well. Charged him £28.00 for the TD RCD and £5.00 for the REC2s housing. Customer was happy.

SBS Dave

Thanks SBS Dave ...and thats my point with those things ...the enclosures look the business .  I made up a couple to use on board changes , a DP switch from an old board in a typical , 2 gang Euro type cheapo enclosure for £4 .........does the job but looks carp .

As I said , the REC2  and the Proteus look good, cover in two halves, screws will take seals .... jobs a good 'un.

On the subject of TD RCDs, I built a small CU for a customer, which encapsulates most of the bespoke features I offer.

Although it is only an 8-mod board, I have provided a back knockout, Stand Off Frame, an MCB next to the Incomer and the Incomer is a TD RCD.

All spare live busbar pins were insulated and I fitted blanks where needed.  Ready to fit onto the wall!!

SBS Dave

SOF-16_&_BKO-4___2.JPGTD_RCD_+_MCB___1.JPG