• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Talk Electrician Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WANTED: Big Yellow Book

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone got a dirt cheap BS7671 AMD 3 2015 (Big Yellow Book). i.e a surplus to requirement that you wish to just get rid of. It doesn't need to be in great condition just complete and readable. It isn't getting shown off to the world, probably won't even leave the house lol.

Let me know anyways.

Cheers

p.s. I know the 18th is < 12 months away,

someone has an assessment coming up,  :innocent

Nope, been there done that to become QS for the place I'm working for. That was earlier in the year and used the company copy (can't take this one home)

MCS due soon mind but that a different book lol.

Actaully Steps it is to try re-liven a very old project that started back on the Red book, you may remeber the one ;)

I'm going to take another crack at it.

Nope, been there done that to become QS for the place I'm working for. That was earlier in the year and used the company copy (can't take this one home)

MCS due soon mind but that a different book lol.

Actaully Steps it is to try re-liven a very old project that started back on the Red book, you may remeber the one ;)

I'm going to take another crack at it.

ah, I do, :)

would be good if it works.

Still on the lookout.

Also a upto date GN3 (hopefully doing I&T soon), want to scratch up. Cheapest on fleabay is about £18 but thought if anyone has multiplle copies and wants to shift one for a bit cheaper.......

I'd hang fire until the new book comes out, unless you have to.

Check with the training provider too first because you might be able to get it cheap.

OK, check with the training provider to see if they have an offer on the book.

Is it 2391 again now then?

Even I'm loosing track now!

It is just changing back to 2391, mid process.

Apparently they are changing it back as employers / contractors keep asking for 2391 and don't understand that it changed to 2394/5.

It's not the same format as before though. Apparently now open book and less written / more multi-choice.

Cheers

It is just changing back to 2391, mid process.

Apparently they are changing it back as employers / contractors keep asking for 2391 and don't understand that it changed to 2394/5.

It's not the same format as before though. Apparently now open book and less written / more multi-choice.

Cheers

Yeah, I had heard it was changing, but not the number, and I had heard that it was open book, less writing and more multi-choice.

Just make it easier to pass, and dumb it down even more why not, that way there is more chance of controlling population growth by killing innocent people, and, the less educated the general public are, they are easier for the establishment to control.

Ask Hitler.

To appease the masses eh? 

Not sure If I agree, the 2391 was tough for a newbie like me. someone really needs to point out to these courgetteers that they are ruining it for the rest of us! 

@Barx seen em on eBay for £35 ish not sure they are genuine though.

Many moons since I done my 2391, but, deffo needed to have GN3 for the revision, loads of the notes referred to it specifically, as well as 7671.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you'll find guidance note 3 more specific for revision for the 2391. Cheaper too. 

See Post 6 Rob.

In fact see it below ;)

Still on the lookout.

Also a upto date GN3 (hopefully doing I&T soon), want to scratch up. Cheapest on fleabay is about £18 but thought if anyone has multiplle copies and wants to shift one for a bit cheaper.......