Mcb

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chota_maal

Reaction score
Hi all,

A quick question hopefully ! Will an MCB open if the Live wire touches a metal case and there is no earth cable. 

Thanks

An mcb operates when a current flows which exceeds the rated value of the breaker, assuming the box is earthed, and the loop value is low enough then yes it would trip, however I would expect the rcd to drop out first.

You've just asked a similar question in another section, as Andy has said it's unlikely, however as I said in the answer to your other post, if the box is earthed and loop value is low enough then it should, however as I also said the rcd should drop out first, what are you playing with?

why post another thread asking the same thing after you already have answers in your first one?
It's obvious, he posted the first question a while ago, didn't like the answer you gave him so thought he'd try again, thing is he still got a similar answer, guess it's just not his day. lol