Pull cord for shower

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simon Bull

Reaction score
Hello new here not sure how it works but here goes. I had the cord on old shower come off so bought new pull cord unit but one old one has two compartments for the earth wires to go in the new one does not....now i have tried to just tape up one earth wire to the other but still keeps tripping...so wot trying do now is use old unit and pull cord in front new one just bought but one put back together will not rotate the on /off switch now i think has something to do with the 2 springs i got left over spare ....does anyone how where these springs go? or have a diagram please 

This really doesn't sound good and your explanation of the whole thing is something to be deciphered by an interpreter. Don't tape wires together, it's never a good idea. 

What "keeps tripping"?

Was it tripping before you changed the switch?

cheers, Paul

no was ok but when i bought new switch only had one place for earth wire but got 2 earth wires so tapped both together and put into one hole, the main fuse box trips when trying turn electric back on

put new cord on the old socket but cant remember how put it back together. i have 2 tiny springs but cant work out where they go something to do with the on and off using cord cos will not pull when pulling cord

sorry rcd     mcb no idea wot that is just the fuse switch for shower that keeps tripping

just need diagram how everything goes back together the springs got be loosed somewhere cos when opened inside box they just fell out thats why dont know where to put em back

I got all back together apart from the springs which somehow is stopping the pull cord from working.....but cant afford get anyone out so might just have to call it a day and just use bath if cant get any info how sort it .

Andy how is it a wind up? 

Latest posts