Advice please > Honeywell ADE Accenta G4 panel & 8EP417A RKP?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muz

Reaction score
Honeywell ADE Accenta G4 panel & 8EP417A RKP?

Wondered if anyone can help please. Just installed the above & initially had a problem with tamper lock out ! Suspected the exterior bell/strobe, so bridged A&T on panel.(will sort the tamper switch later) That cleared the fault. So carried on with setting the rkp ! walk test seemed to work and set time & date. When put into alarm state, am getting "program 1 set" with audible KP sounder. Think I may of set up something incorrectly, but not sure what the next step is ? Only using 4 zones with a passive for entry/ exit. Haven't done anything with the other Zones ! Would this be my problem ?

The G4 is pretty basic and should work out of the box unless you've changed something. Try resetting to defaults and then adjust to suit.

From the manual.

1. Power down.

2. Remove wiring form SET and PA input.

3. Run shorting wire between set and left  PA terminal.

4. Power up.

5. Wait for alarm to start.

6. Power down and re-instate wiring.

cheers, Paul

Thanks paul for taking time to answer. Maybe I should have tried this before posting. Will give this a try  tomorrow.

All sorted now thanks. Had to study the manual a little deeper and enable the necessary zones & ommit the unused ones.

Thanks to everyone who commented.