Manufactured conduit bend.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like to use these , made by Marshal Tufflex   .

A pre made PVC bend  WITHOUT those awful couplers stuck on each end  like some makes,    looks like you pulled it on the bender. 

Heres one I did earlier .  

Image016 (4).jpg

How does it couple without a coupler? Do you have a close up?

Looks neat, but would have been better in white :run
I only use black conduit , just buy white for special occasions , they'll paint it eventually.   

The end bit is quite thin , fits over the tube  .     Marshall Tufflex  solid bends . 

Image021_zpsae44b516.jpg

Why is there metal clad sockets and PVC conduit? If it warrants metal clad sockets then it must warrant steel conduit, or if PVC conduit is OK then PVC sockets would have done?

Sorry if this sounds picky, but it just seems "wrong" to me.

Why is there metal clad sockets and PVC conduit? If it warrants metal clad sockets then it must warrant steel conduit, or if PVC conduit is OK then PVC sockets would have done?

Sorry if this sounds picky, but it just seems "wrong" to me.
Nothing wrong with it Rapparound .    This is in a printing works ,  not heavy industrial ,  as Sidey says ,  High impact PVC and metal sockets  is the norm  in this environment . 

The conduit you see in the picture  is PVC  , not a problem ,  trunking steel , obviously . 

Lithograve. Muller creaser folder.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
OK fair enough.

When you and sidey say high impact pvc conduit, what exactly do you mean by that, I'm assuming it's heavy gauge.

Yes , the heavy gauge  ( High Impact)  Its as tough as old boots  .  I don't see that light gauge version around any more ,  I remember the internal bore is bigger and the springs don't interchange.    It rippled when you bent it  too.   

Yes , the heavy gauge  ( High Impact)  Its as tough as old boots  .  I don't see that light gauge version around any more ,  I remember the internal bore is bigger and the springs don't interchange.    It rippled when you bent it  too.   
Around here you have to specifically ask for heavy gauge, light gauge is the standard. The heavy gauge is mostly used for burying in floors etc.

Its strange how areas are different Rapparound .     Prodave said , white would be better,  I can see what he means   but speaking for myself  I only want to buy & stock , black , hi impact counduit  ....I don't need  a load of white accessories and a load of light gauge  stuff  which I'd never use . 

Another example is , ( I think this is correct)   darn sarf  WHITE  twin & Earth  is the norm  yet here its  always grey .  You'd have to order white in. 

white is LSF, grey is normal. has been for a long time now
Great pity that. I much prefer the look of white t&e but hate LSF. What idiot decided white is only LSF? That came in at the same time as the new colours iirc so is that an EU law? If so in a little under 2 years we can have our white normal t&e back again then?

I always use white conduit, only buy black when specifically asked for. Personal preference I guess.