DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.
Evans Electric

Manufactured conduit bend.

Evans Electric    2,681
Evans Electric

I like to use these , made by Marshal Tufflex   .

A pre made PVC bend  WITHOUT those awful couplers stuck on each end  like some makes,    looks like you pulled it on the bender. 

Heres one I did earlier .  

Image016 (4).jpg

ProDave    1,742
ProDave

How does it couple without a coupler? Do you have a close up?

Looks neat, but would have been better in white :run

roys    120
roys
44 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Conduit glued straight in, if it is the same bends I am thinking of.

Evans Electric    2,681
Evans Electric
9 hours ago, ProDave said:

I only use black conduit , just buy white for special occasions , they'll paint it eventually.   

The end bit is quite thin , fits over the tube  .     Marshall Tufflex  solid bends . 

Image021_zpsae44b516.jpg

rapparee    136
rapparee

Why is there metal clad sockets and PVC conduit? If it warrants metal clad sockets then it must warrant steel conduit, or if PVC conduit is OK then PVC sockets would have done?

Sorry if this sounds picky, but it just seems "wrong" to me.

Andy™    2,116
Andy™

i often use metal clad sockets & plastic trunking. usually easier to fit the metal and they will take more abuse than the plastic ones

Sidewinder    1,959
Sidewinder

High impact pvc conduit and metal sockets are quite a setup, they will take some abuse tbh.

Done the same myself many times.

Evans Electric    2,681
Evans Electric
1 hour ago, rapparee said:

Why is there metal clad sockets and PVC conduit? If it warrants metal clad sockets then it must warrant steel conduit, or if PVC conduit is OK then PVC sockets would have done?

Sorry if this sounds picky, but it just seems "wrong" to me.

Nothing wrong with it Rapparound .    This is in a printing works ,  not heavy industrial ,  as Sidey says ,  High impact PVC and metal sockets  is the norm  in this environment . 

The conduit you see in the picture  is PVC  , not a problem ,  trunking steel , obviously . 

Lithograve. Muller creaser folder.JPG

Edited by Evans Electric

rapparee    136
rapparee

OK fair enough.

When you and sidey say high impact pvc conduit, what exactly do you mean by that, I'm assuming it's heavy gauge.

Evans Electric    2,681
Evans Electric

Yes , the heavy gauge  ( High Impact)  Its as tough as old boots  .  I don't see that light gauge version around any more ,  I remember the internal bore is bigger and the springs don't interchange.    It rippled when you bent it  too.   

rapparee    136
rapparee
4 minutes ago, Evans Electric said:

Yes , the heavy gauge  ( High Impact)  Its as tough as old boots  .  I don't see that light gauge version around any more ,  I remember the internal bore is bigger and the springs don't interchange.    It rippled when you bent it  too.   

Around here you have to specifically ask for heavy gauge, light gauge is the standard. The heavy gauge is mostly used for burying in floors etc.

kerching    1,875
kerching

I have not seen the light Gauge for years...pain in the neck having to carry two springs. One for light and one for heavy. Wrong spring caused a great deal of 'gnashing of teeth' but quite funny watching the apprentice panicking

Evans Electric    2,681
Evans Electric

Its strange how areas are different Rapparound .     Prodave said , white would be better,  I can see what he means   but speaking for myself  I only want to buy & stock , black , hi impact counduit  ....I don't need  a load of white accessories and a load of light gauge  stuff  which I'd never use . 

Another example is , ( I think this is correct)   darn sarf  WHITE  twin & Earth  is the norm  yet here its  always grey .  You'd have to order white in. 

Andy™    2,116
Andy™

white is LSF, grey is normal. has been for a long time now

ProDave    1,742
ProDave
39 minutes ago, Andy™ said:

white is LSF, grey is normal. has been for a long time now

Great pity that. I much prefer the look of white t&e but hate LSF. What idiot decided white is only LSF? That came in at the same time as the new colours iirc so is that an EU law? If so in a little under 2 years we can have our white normal t&e back again then?

I always use white conduit, only buy black when specifically asked for. Personal preference I guess.

Zeespark    129
Zeespark

Andy, white T&E was used at least in London as standard T&E up until the core colour change in 2004.

AndyGuinness

Andy™    2,116
Andy™
11 hours ago, Zeespark said:

Andy, white T&E was used at least in London as standard T&E up until the core colour change in 2004.

AndyGuinness

it was used up here often too, although it did appear to be have been sold mainly at DIY sheds. gives bit of a hint as to who wired it...