like tea? no EV for you then

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Ha, wondered when the bleeding obvious would raise its head. I had already worked out that if just a hand full of homes or business started with EV, the local TX would die. Already most of my customers are on TX's that are at the edge of capacity, never mind not boiling the kettle, thats the least of the issues, lol

Ha, wondered when the bleeding obvious would raise its head. I had already worked out that if just a hand full of homes or business started with EV, the local TX would die. Already most of my customers are on TX's that are at the edge of capacity, never mind not boiling the kettle, thats the least of the issues, lol

Basic summs provide the evidence that even the addition of 7kw chargers would cripple the network in its current state and where is all this clean electricity coming from? 

Idiots just looking to milk us.

I do like some of tesla's ideas, battery storage to relieve pressure on the grid, shame we don't have much sun but global warming will fix that too! 

Hmmm, warmer seas means more rain and cloud.....

There are a few battery ideas around that will come into play with changes in leccy prices. I understand that off-peak times will be available during daylight hours, so that batteries can be charged up reducing peak demands at different times of day and making better use of solar generation.

Heating an EV is obvious. Fit a storage heater in the back. Heat it overnight on E7 and you have a warm car for the rest of the day....  :coat

It's not "kettles" that are the issue. Plug your 11KW charger in, then go and take a shower in your 11KW shower.  That might make something get a bit warm.  I can see CU fires only increasing.

SSE fit 100A fuses already as the default in their cut outs, well the do up here at least.

I said that weeks ago, then networks were on TV saying exactly the same thing, do the idiots that promote these idea's actually check out the practicalities before spouting their garbage?