Horstmann Channel plus H37xl controller to a Hive Active Heating Controller

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt Everatt

Reaction score
Hi all,

newby here.

I have just purchased a Hive Active Heating kit and wanting to replace my Hortsmann Channel plus Controller.

i was hoping that the back plates would simply switch but sadly not. 

I have attached the wiring diagram for the hive controller and a photo of existing wiring. 

The hive is labelled N L 1234

Existing is labelled NL123456

The system is a pumped system with one wired room thermostat.

Where should the wires go from and to?

Thanks in advance.

Hi. Did you ever get to the bottom of this as this is the situation I'm currently in. 

Thanks

Assuming the following link is for the sort of product you are asking about?   https://www.hivehome.com/img/attachments/Hive_Thermostat_Installation_Guide.pdf    Then Page 12 answers the questions being asked about which wires go where. I cannot see much point in re-typing the information in the installation guide.  If you are unable to understand the guide, then I would suggest read page 7 where is clearly says in bullet point 2 that the device should be installed by an electrically skilled & competent person, in accordance with BS761 & building regulations. It is hard to verify if it will comply without actually being on site to visually check and take a few test readings on the circuit.

However if you have 'the wrong back plate',  it may be possible that someone has got their single channel and dual channel devices mixed up when purchasing what they think they need,? 

Doc H.