A1 Omicron 7000 PA/PIR removal

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bjorno

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have just moved into a new house, it has the above system installed along with two unsightly Personal attack buttons which I would like to remove. 

How would i go Ingo about doing this without tripping the alarm? I believe they are on a 'closed' circuit.

also have a randomly placed PIR sensor that I want to remove - do I need to change the programming or can I just snip the cable? 

Thanks in advance ! 

Chris 

if the system is dead & not in use any more then yes snip the cable, if its still working / got power then you best not...

really, your best option would be to get someone in to service the alarm (id guess the battery probably needs changed too, youll be popular with the neighbours at 3am when the alarm is sounding in a power cut because you didnt get it serviced) and disconnect what you dont want at the same time

As above , if the panel has power to it the bell box will have an independent power supply that will run for quite awhile after the tamper wire has been cut .

They are supposed to time out , but those older systems can run on for about forty minutes.

I would get someone to see to that or you may give yourself a load of grief.

They are supposed to time out , but those older systems can run on for about forty minutes.

can be a lot more than 40 minutes, been to plenty that have been going for well over an hour. they should make the internal batteries from the same stuff they make the external batteries, they seem to last forever

I know lol,  They were a good old system in their day.  I used to fit the old membrane keypad ones . I know of one that is still working fine.

Changed the code a couple of times though , worn out or a dead give away. :)

Thanks chaps, appreciate the advice. It's a live system unfortunately so look alike I'll have to get some one to look it at.

i presume it's not as simple as disassembling and removing internal battery? 

Depends on your experience. It would not be ethical  to tell you how to do it on an open forum.

Maybe one of the members is near you and can help you out if you post your location.

ive got a feeling the OP isnt the type of person who would go with that option...

I've got a feeling I'm not the sort of person the OP would give the job to if that s the case!

Having said that, it is not unknown for me to sell people on the advantages of a new panel once I am asked to service some random old thing. I'm not adverse to servicing old alarms, but in this instance I wouldn't.

Hmmm I have considered binning the old thing.. not bothered about actually having an alarm tho.