Boge S10 doesnt start

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rauldan

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I received a Boge S10 screw compressor, 19o6 manufactured year.

The compressor looks very good amd clean, inside and out.

I have connected all the leads l1, l2, l3 ground, the lcd and any leds are coming up and are ok but when i press the green touvh button i can hear a click but nothing happens, no start. I have checked and the is no voltage at the electricall engine.

Does anybody know if there is a start procedure after it has been unpluged.

I have checke and i dont see any disconnected leads.

On the lcd it reads 05.

When i press the i (info) button i can scroll the menu but i cant understand what the numbers mean.

The controller on this is a simple one with 3 buttons, green, red and info and a big master one wich disconnects all the voltage from the machine.

Sorry for my english, its not my first language but i hope that you u deestand what is my problem.

Thanks all, best regards

Its 1996 year, sorry, writing from my phone

Hi  Rauldan ,    I don't think anyone on here will have any knowledge  of  your machine  to be honest .     I wish you luck  with it .  

I've worked on a few Deke, we were discussing one the other day in fact, on here, I was after some documents for one, or one similar.

Welcome to the forum Rauldan.

Without seeing the machine, or a schematic I can only guess, but it could be one of possibly a dozen things.

The first course of action is to see what the error codes on the control are, and what they mean.

This will then give you an idea of the areas to look at.

Has the motor overload tripped, has the pressure switch reset, does this machine have an oil level sensor, so is there oil in it.

Is there an e-stop pressed in.

Was there a remote e-stop that was wired and is now not there, so the machine won't start because it believes that there is an e-stop pressed.

There are more, but these should give you a start.

Hello and thank you for your quick replies.

Wooowwww there are indeed many causes that can lead to this.

1386572-2.jpg.8063be85b1db6730d91c775d0dc60bef.jpg

This is the compressor. I am not at home right now but this is what i've been told.

Will let you know more and pictures inside as soon as i get home.

I thought that there was needed some procedure for start-up.

This is what i can tell you for sure. The e-stop is working( i think) because it interrupts al voltage and even the lcd is going out. How do you find the fault ? Its a 3 character lcd.

As for the oil, its on the level so at least i know that there is oil in the tank.

Many thanks

It's virtually the same model,as I was asking about a few weeks back

never got around to finding the actual cause of the problem but.....

3 screw in fuses inside panel.....made fuses 'fit better :innocent '

unplugged PCB Display, cleaned contacts and re fitted

squeezed the fuse holder on the main board to give better contact

worked ever since

( if phase rotation is wrong it will spin for twenty seconds then sulk )

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you are up to something here because the compressor wa on a truck almost 2000 km and maybe all that shake made some cold contacts somewhere.

87f42e673a06d6bcae89fdcb5804e1a6.jpg.90f976c2960d8f9e04a3151185a01c3e.jpg

After "uncoding" this panel i realize that the rare blinking led on the up-right is actually "saying" the compressor is ready for operation so its got to be some lose contact somewhere.

Thanks soo much, i will try what worked for you after i will get home.

Best regards to all.

is rotation correct?

Every time I have connected a Boge compressor up with incorrect rotation it has fired but made a right old squealing, suggesting the panel just closes the contactor regardless.

I got it sorted out, thanks for all your help.

The problem was the lack of pressure start/stop valve. Thankfully the seller sent out the electric diagram with the compressor and as soon as i took a look at it, i was sure that is the fault.

The compressor is so quieter than my old one and soo much powerfull.

Thanks again for all your help.

Best wishes for all

My pleasure mate,

Lets hope i wont forget to get them tomorrow from work :)

I've set an alarm on my phone