texecom veritas excel, can use code to set but not unset

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iwols

Reaction score
hi all just fitted the veritas excel with an lcd keypad ,everything set up ok but have the following problem ,i have set user 1 to a temp code of 2222,and this lets me set the alarm ok,while counting down if i put in 2222 then reset, the alarm stops and does not set,if i let the alarm set then activate a zone the code 2222 does not turn the alarm off and i have to unset it with the code 4321,which seems strange any one any ideas cheers

It sounds like you have not given the user the correct "authority" I would say you have set it as a "cleaner code" (So the cleaner of the premises can set the alarm and leave, but not return and  unset the alarm) You should set it as a "user"

Seems I have the right idea, but the wrong option.

Most codes are set as "user" Texecom then allow you to give the code a "level" the level should be set at "1" I will guess its set at "6"

Seems I have the right idea, but the wrong option.

Most codes are set as "user" Texecom then allow you to give the code a "level" the level should be set at "1" I will guess its set at "6"
Sounds like it, it amazes me that security manufacturers have made equipment easier for people to buy, but harder to commission, I remember when the only panels available to joe public were basic key operated ones, e.g logic 4, or occasionally the Optima, which was a 4 zone membrane keypad panel.

There was a certain company who installed a lot of alarms in banks, when they stopped using a particular panel, they sold all the obsolete stock to an alarm supplier I used to deal with, they had loads of features, many not normally available. The firm did a deal with me, in return for writing a manual for the panels they'd give me a dozen of them, they weighed a ton! they were about 18 inches one way, a foot the other and about 6 inches deep, and made of 3/16ths steel.

They were awesome, about 16 zone, key operated, diallers built in, and they had a particularly weird time lock feature, once set they could not be disarmed for a set number of hours,however they could also be linked into an external time switch, in the event of someone forgetting to set the alarm they could be set with the timer. If say the premises closed at 5 pm, then the timer was set to 7pm, on nights when cleaners were in, the staff didn't set the alarm, and so long as the cleaners were out before 7 the alarm would automatically set, saved on the number of keys, also prevented unscrupulous staff "forgetting " to set the alarm.

The logic 4, was that the panel that cost under £20?

External time switches are quite common in jewish homes. First time I saw one  I thought some one was having a laugh, small panel and big sangamo timer sitting next to it, it was to set the alarm on Fridays

problem solved reply from texecom 

This occurs when there may have been a mix up in code programming and possibly the Engineer code has been changed to the desired User code.

We suggest defaulting the panel back to factory settings and checking the default user code, 4321 is changed to the new User code and 1234 default engineer code changed to the new Engineer programming code. thanks for any help guys cheers

problem solved reply from texecom 

This occurs when there may have been a mix up in code programming and possibly the Engineer code has been changed to the desired User code.

We suggest defaulting the panel back to factory settings and checking the default user code, 4321 is changed to the new User code and 1234 default engineer code changed to the new Engineer programming code. thanks for any help guys cheers

they are only 'harder' to commission if you dont know what you are doing

Looks like Andy hit the nail on the head then?

;)      Guinness

(RTFM)

Last edited by a moderator:
they are only 'harder' to commission if you dont know what you are doing
Exactly, and the problem is that while those of us who have fitted plenty do know what to do with them, joe public who perhaps has fitted only one or two in his own home, doesn't. Again it's a situation where people think doing something is easy, then they find out it isn't.lol

regarding some replies, didnt see anyone suggesting what i was told by texecom,just an observation