EE or Naval Engineering

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

viorelflower

Reaction score
I am interested in becoming an engineer from my previous project that i told you in my last thread.I understand the dc very well and in the ac i know the impendance of the circuit and how to calculate phase angle.I know I will study a lot of contactors,relays,electric meter,generators,invertors.I always wanted to work with electrical machines since I bought a dc motor.

Unfortunately,we learnt more about dc and ac circuits in highschool and less electrical machines stuff and I am confused if I should try to learn a hardware course or get a job in a hardware shop.

Thing is I don't like software (i know how to programme in a language) and i don't want to spend all my life typing a code in a machine.

What I want from you is to convince me which is better for me:working in a ship as an electrical officer or staying in a power plant and checking voltage and current?

The bad side is that I'm limited in money and I don't know which is more profitable and more free time for me.

You got some decent answers last time, unfortunately it would appear you didn't like them, we cannot convince you what you need to do, that's up to you. there's a lot more to electrical work than playing about with a few motors and generators, and to learn it properly takes a long time.

It all depends on your skill level as to whether you can make the grade as an electrician, your local college will be able to work this out for you from doing some assessment tests.It's one thing saying you wanted to do the job ever since you bought an electric motor, it's an entirely different thing to actually do it. I remember the first time I ever watched a heart transplant, I was amazed, I wanted to be a heart surgeon, unfortunately I didn't want to spend all those years at university, so I became an electrician, something I have a natural flair for, and it took a lot less training.

It's no good just wanting to do something, you have to have the natural ability, I've known lots of people who really wanted to be electricians, unfortunately they just didn't have it in them. This I feel is your case, if you really wanted to do the job, you'd have made the inquiries and started on the road to learning the craft.

If you have to ask other people to convince you to do it, then you don't really want to do it, sorry but that's just how it is.

I am interested in becoming an engineer from my previous project that i told you in my last thread.I understand the dc very well and in the ac i know the impendance of the circuit and how to calculate phase angle.I know I will study a lot of contactors,relays,electric meter,generators,invertors.I always wanted to work with electrical machines since I bought a dc motor.

Unfortunately,we learnt more about dc and ac circuits in highschool and less electrical machines stuff and I am confused if I should try to learn a hardware course or get a job in a hardware shop.

Thing is I don't like software (i know how to programme in a language) and i don't want to spend all my life typing a code in a machine.

What I want from you is to convince me which is better for me:working in a ship as an electrical officer or staying in a power plant and checking voltage and current?

The bad side is that I'm limited in money and I don't know which is more profitable and more free time for me.
You ask me to convince you so .....

1.     Stay in a power plant checking volts &  current..................... BORING !!!!

2.    Work in a ship as an electrical officer ....................................Sounds good  so  ..JOIN THE NAVY!!!

Why do I get the feeling you are not in the UK ?  

Latest posts