new to the forum

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DC51

Reaction score
hi all,

I'm a newbie to this forum, so please don't go taking my lunch money and sending me for long stands etc ...play nice .. :Salute  

I'm time served, albeit a while ago and have  returned to the trade after a few years out, just sat the 17th edition and also going for inspection and testing, although to get my sjib card renewed I still need to sit a ECS exam . I know I don't  need a SJIB for doing domestic work in Scotland but would be nice to get, if nothing else to prove I'm time-served  :B

My intention is work as a sole trader and do a few smaller domestic type work that bigger companies don't want, as I cant work fulltime these days anyway. 

doubt I will be able to help anyone on here although I  will try.  

cheers and thanks for letting me join and ask what is probably straightforward questions to most of you on here, however,I believe its best to ask others for help, if you are unsure as they may be experts rather than make a mess of things and find out your wrong the hard way

cheers Davy

Welcome Davy, what a pleasure to read your views on asking questions, an old sweat once told me, "the only stupid question, is the one you didn't ask".

We all know different things, some know more about certain things than others, there's never any shame in asking something, it saves time, it saves stress, and quite often you learn an easier way of doing something.

Take the other day, I was struggling to remove a broken grease nipple on a motor, my screw extractors were at home, this guy comes up and asks if I have any torx bits, he then taps one into the broken fitting and out it came! No doubt I'd have got it out eventually but what a neat trick, it was a new one to me.