RMS CALCULATIONS

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deano93

Reaction score
Hi guys ,

really struggling to understand RMS calculations and when i would need to use this. if someone could just explain the calculation to me and explain when in electrician work i would use this i would be grateful 

thanks

One of the uses is calculating the sine wave peak voltage. Useful for over voltage protection and DC rectifier circuits.

Peak over RMS is RMS*√2

Starting three threads on the same subject isn’t going to endear you to the forum moderators.

One of the uses is calculating the sine wave peak voltage. Useful for over voltage protection and DC rectifier circuits.

Peak over RMS is RMS*√2

Starting three threads on the same subject isn’t going to endear you to the forum moderators.

i can see that , did not mean to do that must have pressed button to many times to submit 

So am I right in saying to find the Vrms I multiply peak value by 0.7071 and same With

Irms

Is this something a electrician would have to do slot I can't see why this is so important unless I'm being silly