Win a set of C.K dextroVDE Slim Screwdrivers - ENDED

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CK-TOOLS

CK Promotions
Reaction score
C.K tools is giving you the chance to win a set of dextroVDE Slim Screwdrivers. 

The dextroVDE Slim Screwdrivers are slim enough to fit into the tightest of spaces yet still offer outstanding torsional strength and feature active torque feedback for an extended working life.

Simply answer the question on the following page for a chance to win: 

http://bit.ly/2jvJPh0

(Clue: you'll find the answer in the video below.)

https://player.vimeo.com/video/215001589

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got to say, I'm not a fan of these. I have always used CK, since I was an apprentice but these new weird shaped screwdrivers I do not like. I bought a load of new old stock Senso+ (I think that's the ones, with the hexagonal handle) the last time I needed new ones but I'm not sure what to get next time round.

The ones with the hexagonal handle were far more hard wearing. Not sure if they changed the metal composition when they made the design change but I never broke the old style. Broke a few of the newer ones so I moved to wera. 

I use Wera, I find the shape of the handle gives something for my big clumsy hands to get a hold of. The other screwdrivers with the bulbous handle tend to give me cramp?!

Hopefully @CK-TOOLS @CK Tools are taking note and are digging the old machines out of the back of the workshop as we speak!

Would be interesting if they could confirm a change in metal properties between the old design an current. 

Doubtful they will admit to producing an inferior product now, but we can't all just have found the same issue.

Edit: Spelling 

Last edited by a moderator:
A mate of mine had some of those plus/minus screwdrivers, he snapped them, we spoke to a guy from CK at Elex, and he denied any knowledge of a problem at first, however when we pushed a little and started getting a bit technical about how tempering etc can affect the metals, he admitted they had had a problem at one point.

I prefer Wera, screwdrivers, been using them for years without any issues, CK make some good gear, but I am a firm believer that no manufacturer can make every product perfectly, hence why we all tend to use different stuff from different makers, in the case of adjustable spanners, I won't have anything other than Bahco.

Thanks to everyone for your comments, we will send your feedback to the product development team. 

The problem that they have is, I suspect with the tempering process and the variation in cross sections of the blades, especially the more complex forms such as the +/- types.

The thinner sections will cool quicker when being tempered, and thus will react more as if they are being hardened rather than tempered.

Therefore leaving brittle zones in the tip, and possibly even uneven temper in the tip.

The flat blades may, respond better as the cross section is more predictable.

It is a very fine balance, especially once you move to high volumes.

I do find the small flat blades and the +/- types more brittle.

Which is where I developed this theory from.

The small flat blades whilst more consistent, will probably quenched at the same rate as the larger ones, but, the cooling will be quicker on the smaller mass of metal.

All a guess as I haven't seen their production line, I can only base this on the lines I used to be the production engineer over and the issues we saw with variations in section of product when hardening and tempering.