gmail ?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone else using gmail  ?

I just created an account  because of constant problems gaining access to my Evans Electric  Hotmail    

( Load of printed letterheads with wrong  details now )  

Been trying to create a "Shortcut "  to take me straight to log in  but it seems to be a convoluted  performance to actually arrive at  Gmails ...is there an easy way ?    

Shortcut takes me to a load of Google stuff ..then its search around to find your emails. 

I think I still have a set of WfW 3.11 floppy discs here.

I have a Windows 3.1 or  it might be 3.11 VM set up somewhere I know!

Also, a 95, 98, 98SE, ME, NT3.51, NT4, 2000, DOS 5(not sure which flavour) & DOS 6(not sure which flavour), the 3.1x might be in the same VM as one of the DOS's.

Anyone else using gmail  ?

Yes.

I just created an account  because of constant problems gaining access to my Evans Electric  Hotmail    

Pretty sure that was nothing to do with Hotmail, but a combination of your OS/browser and specific link target.

Load of printed letterheads with wrong  details now

How retro! If you are sticking with the Gmail address just log into your Hotmail account and set a forwarder to your Gmail so any mail sent to your old address arrives in your Gmail inbox.

Been trying to create a "Shortcut "  to take me straight to log in  but it seems to be a convoluted  performance to actually arrive at  Gmails ...is there an easy way ?    

I just go to gmail.com.

The convoluted process of signing in is just the way Google does it, it is a PITA and it isn't a one click sign in like some places. However, I would recommend Gmail over Hotmail any day so horses for courses.

Sidey     The OS is Vista  ,  browser is Opera. 

Lurch      The reason for dumping Hotmail / Outlook   is  constantly unable to log in without having to renew password ...even then its   "  Site cannot be found  , your username or password are incorrect".      

The reason for dumping Hotmail / Outlook   is  constantly unable to log in without having to renew password ...even then its   "  Site cannot be found  , your username or password are incorrect".

Yeah, pretty sure this is something your end, not a Hotmail/Outlook issue. Combination of outdated/unsupported OS and overly zealous security settings on something somewhere in he middle.

I use gmail and don't have to login every time? 

I have my gmail account setup within my email software on the iPad and also have downloaded the gmail app which then just opens to my gmail accounts no bother?? 

No Andy, he's using a web browser to access his email, this is why he's having such an issue! ;)

Using Vista, and looking for free limits him a bit as to an email client, I think using the Vista Mail Client will give him security issues with some email account log-ins.