DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.
Evans Electric

gmail ?

ProDave

Quite often for small usage the domain host will provide one free email host with the domain. you only have to start paying  small fee for multiple email hosting.

Evans Electric
4 hours ago, Andy™ said:

not even outlook on your pc? far easier than having to us a website

Yes  my Hotmail became Outlook   and now it  constantly refuses entry.        I don't think I'm using the browser  ( Opera)  to email ......am I?  

Sidewinder

If you are accessing your email via the browser then yes you are.

Evans Electric

How else can I open gmail without Googling it ?   

Another question if anyone has the time ,   I have to sign out  but will be back later.

How do I move a folder  from Hotmail/Outlook  to  anywhere else on my PC   ...say Documents .  Anywhere as long as I get them out of Outlook .  I can't attach them ,  can't drag them  .

Andy™
33 minutes ago, Evans Electric said:

Yes  my Hotmail became Outlook   and now it  constantly refuses entry.        I don't think I'm using the browser  ( Opera)  to email ......am I?  

outlook(.com) email is different to the program outlook. the first is an email service(the internet bit you dont see), the 2nd is an email client to view / send emails (the bit you do see), just like the web page you use to look at your emails in opera

to get the emails onto your computer, you will need something like outlook (program) that will sync with the mail server and keep a local (offline) copy. even then, they dont go into my documents, they are stored in a PST file

Lurch
3 hours ago, Sidewinder said:

You have no idea about me or what I know, or don't know.

Same. I didn't bring up what you do or don't know though.

Having a choice means being able to pick more than just one, because the one you love is amongst them does not mean that it is the be all and end all.

I don't believe I said it was, I just said it was absolutely fine and Outlook wasn't.

Now wind your neck in or I will ban you, because I can.

Because you can? Feel free, if it makes you feel clever and powerful then don't let anyone else stop you. You keep telling me how you own all of this and how great you are. You are the one who keeps going off on a tangent and starts these 'I am better than you' rants. If you ban me I won't have to read them any more.

Evans Electric
1 hour ago, Andy™ said:

outlook(.com) email is different to the program outlook. the first is an email service(the internet bit you dont see), the 2nd is an email client to view / send emails (the bit you do see), just like the web page you use to look at your emails in opera

to get the emails onto your computer, you will need something like outlook (program) that will sync with the mail server and keep a local (offline) copy. even then, they dont go into my documents, they are stored in a PST file

Must be honest , I don't really understand this about web pages etc.     I have to go into Google to open gmail ,  I have to go into BT  for private / family emails ......where  does Opera fit in ?       ( Yes I know my understanding of computers is pathetic )  

Murdoch

Op, can't you access your email on your mobile?

Evans Electric

I've no idea  ,  would that be a free service  ?       I'd have to type as if texting  ...enough to drive you up the wall I think .  

Murdoch
16 hours ago, Evans Electric said:

Ah   unfortunately Sharpy I don't do  email software ....ipads ..apps   :C

Office 2007 would do the trick....

What do you use for spreadsheets and letters?

Evans Electric

I don't do spreadsheets Murdo  as I don't know what they are  TBH   

Letters & invoices  I do on Microsoft Word.  

Andy™

wonder if this is your problem?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-41306441

Andy™

keep up at the back!

Doc Hudson
Just now, Andy™ said:

keep up at the back!

Just did, and just deleted, but you are reading & replying too fast!

Doc H. 

Andy™

typical mod, deletes posts so it makes me look like im going mad

Evans Electric

Andy , that could well be the problem,     I've been trying for an hour now ,  theres one more folder trapped in there .  

Richard-the-ninth

I got my OH a website, we don't use it, but we only got it for the email. Its up to 10 email addresses and they are set up on the phone and the pc here.

I just checked, they offer an email only service for £5 / year

So for example I could have an email address like richard@richardthe9th.co.uk

More info Click here

Other web hosting services are available.

Murdoch
2 minutes ago, Richard-the-ninth said:

I got my OH a website, we don't use it, but we only got it for the email. Its up to 10 email addresses and they are set up on the phone and the pc here.

I just checked, they offer an email only service for £5 / year

So for example I could have an email address like richard@richardthe9th.co.uk

More info Click here

Other web hosting services are available.

Not sure having his own email is going to help the OP - seems we have different issues to overcome - the users lack of IT skills being one of them...

Richard-the-ninth

hmm..............but once its done, and its "great" when you get asked what your email address is and you tell them its your name.

Murdoch

I think the OP needs to find a local techy and part with some hard earned cash

I've still got my "old" i5 laptop running Windows 7 here with Office professional 2007 on it!

Evans Electric
4 hours ago, Murdoch said:

I think the OP needs to find a local techy and part with some hard earned cash

I've still got my "old" i5 laptop running Windows 7 here with Office professional 2007 on it!

Not sure about that Murdo ...... I have gmail up & running ...my contacts duly notified of new address ,  my only problem is  the old Hotmail  can't be accessed  to let me remove the last folder .   

OK  I have now learned that gmail brings with it  masses of spam  but I'll have to see how it goes now . 

4 hours ago, Richard-the-ninth said:

There is always the university of youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N23nL3o0Urg

Richard the 1X     I don't think my phone does any of  those functions  but I thank you for your input

Motorola_Carphone_Model_TLD-1100,_1964,_view_1_-_National_Electronics_Museum_-_DSC00184.JPG

Edited by Evans Electric

Blue Duck

:Spam

Used gmail for donkeys, got it set up so I have different folders like several nets that sweep up different fish one net for the important stuff another for the less important stuff and so on, as for spam, that's just a fact of life and spammers probably hit gmail as its more popular these days.

phil d

I use Yahoo mail, and G mail, I have them both direct access on my phone, if you are getting a lot of spam then do what I do. I have 3 or 4 accounts on the G mail, you can delete them fairly easily, I have my main one that I use for day to day, then the others are purely sacrificial, use them for thing where I may get junk mails, e.g, you give your details at an event because you are interested in a certain product, then they send you info on all kinds, when it becomes silly, simply delete the account and move on.