Supply to care home

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tamdee

Reaction score
Any help would be much appreciated.

I am doing work in a care home but it only looks like a 16mm single phase supply cable. They want to upgrade a laundry room .

2x 32a dryers and three washing machines..I have told them they will need to upgrade the incomer.there is a three phase cable head so I think it's better to ask for a three phase meter and even split the laundry on a separate phase

does this sound ok.

if the service head really is TP, then usually its a case of replacing the meter which is often done FOC by supplier. then you just need to fit a TP board and youre done

If they are using commercial laundry equipment, it may be cheaper also to get 3 phase machines, I used to work in the industry and single phase commercial gear was always dearer.

if the service head really is TP, then usually its a case of replacing the meter which is often done FOC by supplier. then you just need to fit a TP board and youre done
I have run a new 16mm armour to laundry.I was hoping just to make it a separate phase and not touch any original installation.the supplier is asking for size of supply I was requiring,I was hoping it was just a case of leaving same incomer but changing to 3 phase

I have run a new 16mm armour to laundry.I was hoping just to make it a separate phase and not touch any original installation.the supplier is asking for size of supply I was requiring,I was hoping it was just a case of leaving same incomer but changing to 3 phase
They always ask this, it's to prevent overloading of their system, for all they know you could have say a 60 amp single phase supply at the moment and be wanting a 100 amp 3 phase, which obviously would add a significant load to their equipment.