Can we afford them I ask ?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who you may ask ......the House of Lords I say .    The un-elected government body  consisting of Lords who earn £300 a day just for showing up   and last year were paid  £21.8 million  in expenses.     If anyone knows what they actually do please put your hand up .       Are we just supporting an establishment  super club ?  

"The House of Lords is the second chamber of the UK Parliament. It is independent from, and complements the work of, the elected House of Commons. The Lords shares the task of making and shaping laws and checking and challenging the work of the government."

The problem I have with the HOL, is that once you are a member, you only cease to to be a member when you die! 

Compulsory retirement at some point would be a good idea.

As John Prescott said when he was an MP - "me in the house of Lords - over my dead body" - unfortunately he's in there and very much alive

The problem with changing stuff like this is that it often needs the very people we are trying to sort out, to vote for the change, turkey's voting for Christmas, springs to mind. lol

Latest posts