Indesit tumble dryer 2 terminal capacitor

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reedy240468

Reaction score
Hi a Newbie here, The drum has stopped turning on my tumble dryer, I've checked the belt and that's ok, my next stop was the capacitor which starts the motor, I removed it a see a slight leakage on one of the terminals, my electrical knowledge is very basic, I discharged the capacitor and tested it on a multimeter on Ohms, the reading kept rising and never returned to zero, I'm assuming that the capacitor is dead, the main reason I'm posting is, I've ordered a new capacitor and then realised that on the terminals there's no positive or negative signs, like I said it's only 2 terminal but I don't want to get the polarity wrong and end up blowing my machine up, can anybody point me in the right direction.

cheers👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

It looks very much like a capacitor that I've removed, it's a Ducati Energia 9uf 5%, if I knew how to put photos up to show it I would, I'm on an iPhone so not really sure how to do it👍🏻👍🏻

Are you saying I can wire it up, any how and it won't blow the motor or anything else

AC  polarity is with reference to earth / ground. there is no positive or negative either. the capacitor doesnt know or care which way they are connected

Ok fair play, I'll give it a go when I receive the new one.

thanks for your help m8👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Cheers

Locked to prevent hi jacking (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts