offgrid in spain with selfbuild eco house

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pedrodeburjulu

Reaction score
hola

i am expat in a very sunny part of spain trying to reform a house as eco as possible.

Have acquired 7 pv panels 240Wp and enecsys microinverters.

Not running yet due issue with enecsys are gridtie which is the nub of being here.

Prefer micro as further panels may not be same. planning for 24v flooded batteries for night use in a bunker to keep them cool.

Have lots of open  rustic land so panels are ground based, at 40m from house then to  dedicated consumer unit ( not grid connected) with  30m x 10mm pvc cable from bunker to c/u.

part of house is on grid but very onerous in spain to go gridtie ( will avoid the politics of that)

No other power source but maybe 24vdc diesel gen later

How do i get micros to juice the consumer unit? ie. with a separate small inverter 12v to 240v to trick them  into gridtie.

An alternative, because there is not a shade issue could acquire a second array on a string  MPPT charger to batteries with an offgrid inverter for battery source being coupled to C/U.

Can the second array/battery inverter then trick the micros to output their 240v as well. How well  would they couple together especially the offgrid inverter as it is not expecting existing 240v on its output side  and effect on frequency.

So not yet having a second array how do i get the power of the sun to reduce my dependence on shafters Iberdrola at 20 cents per unit + the brownouts

peter

anything grid-tied will not work unless 240V is present, continuously. Not sure you can 'trick' these into working. By the time  you have bought the off-grid unit, you might as well just buy a bigger off-grid unit and save a lot of potential hassle.

been thinking more about it....if.....

off grid; pv only; enecsys are GT; wetcell bats 24v;

no space limit for my ground base arrays;

i am trying to get the inverters to be tricked into being on the grid.

Say there is a second, separate pv array with a 'normal' battery charge control and 24-240ac inverter [say1Kw] using the battery bank.

question: if i connect a string of enecsys micro inverters to a victron multi and then both of these feed a consumer unit, will the enecsys see 240v and power out in sync

where i see a failure point is the type of battery inverter seeing 240 on its output and how it may control the charging  and switching as load-supply changes or is there a unit now that can do that?

hope it makes sense

not sure the micro-inverters will see the output from the 2nd array as being 240V grid. Inverters don't always output true sine-wave 240V. Just buy a bigger Victron and save the hassle.