hot water presssure

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clive Stoneman

Reaction score
Hi.

Recently my hot water pressure ceases after aprox 2 minutes of running the hot water.Its fine initially ,then fades to a trickle then nothing. .I have economy 7 heating system.

Any solutions greatly appreciated.

Mnay thanks

My guess would be the header tank not filling. Perhaps that's where the dead rat is? More likely a dead pigeon or squirrel 

Agree, a  water cylinder needs a head of water for the taps to flow. The pipe that comes to to bottom of the  cylinder from the header is the one that forces the water to the top of the cyliner to the tap that is opened. It is unlikely that pipe is blocked other than the header outlet , or as has been said the water supply isn't

PS. When my sister lived in Hendon the lime scale was so bad that I had to clean the bottom of the cylinder out for symtoms similar , but not as bad as yours.

A water softening system cured the problem.

I got a plastic bucket of shale like debris from the bottom of the cylinder. The  bottom element had burned out as it was now lying on it.