DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.
Evans Electric

Something free from BT ..I don't believe it !!!

Evans Electric

Just had an email from BT ... I'm now on 76mbs   but it needs to "settle down" apparently.    And yes I think things are working quicker .  

I read some of the above posts with a certain sadness and try to remind myself that this is  The "Friendly Forum" .

I've only been on one other forum for the trade ..  I didn't realize it was  American ,   just thought they were all crazy ,   until all the references to "grounding "   caused suspicion  and I quietly crept out of the door.    

Tony S
17 hours ago, Evans Electric said:

I've only been on one other forum for the trade ..  I didn't realize it was  American ,   just thought they were all crazy ,   until all the references to "grounding "   caused suspicion  and I quietly crept out of the door.    

I spend some time each day on American forums. Their acronyms take some getting used to.

Just for you Dave GEC = ground earth conductor.

Evans Electric

Thanks , I did know they say that over there  :Salute    it was interesting and as you say ,  different acronyms etc  .  They all seemed a friendly crowd though but  their systems and methods seemed so different to ours I felt like an outsider .

I seemed to lose access to  it ,  did a Google search  and found myself on here .   It was just after the dinosaurs became extinct.   

Tony S

They are a friendly lot but they will not answer any questions from non-trade people.

This site is designed for:

Contractors

Electricians

Engineers

Inspectors

Instructors

Other electrically related individuals

* This NEC Forum is for those in the electrical and related industries. Questions of a "How-To" nature by persons not involved in the electrical industry will be removed without notice.

Evans Electric
On 10/12/2017 at 18:59, Evans Electric said:

A free BOOST is coming  ,  superfast broadband  to 76  somethings  is almost upon me ,  for free !!!!  

And things in the clouds too :C

I knew it was too good to be true ..............just had an email from BT  ..cost of broadband is going up  on Jan 7th  2018 :o:C