New type of thermostat

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Noticed this when carrying out a periodic inspection. There also was no timer on the boilerView attachment 8801
Perhaps a programmable thermostat was intended to be put there. Was it wired in triple and earth?

I recently had to speak with a gas installer who fitted a replacement boiler in one of my client's properties while I was on holiday. He hadn't fitted a roomstat, although boiler did have a clock. He was unaware that both are required under building regs. He went around and fitted a wireless one free of charge.

how has this ever worked?

Pretty tidy that.

SEdlUBh.jpg.01a3c6dc7859060f11971238fdfa5463.jpg

itDcnQC.jpg.cc5144a3d0fa4b594400301e624761a9.jpg

i can see the fault, the white is wrapped around the bare earth
No, the bare earth is wrapped around the white

And in the previous 2 photos, the programmers are missing!!

Fault finding on an internet forum.  :Salute

I'll bet that CPC is being  used as a live conductor because someone didn't put the right cable in?

There's actually no connection from that terminal to the clock, looks like it might just be used as a connector in this instance.

I'll bet tha CPC

I'll bet that CPC is being  used as a live conductor because someone didn't put the right cable in?
That was my initial thought......but no they ARE CPCs

next terminal is also a joint from boiler to call wire

both terminals have been shoved out of the way of the clock contacts

i cannot see that it has ever worked properly as there are not enough cores at the Y valve JB. There is N, E, Heating demand, HW demand and a singles back to fire the boiler up, that's it....no HW satisifed.

and getting another core to it is going to be a nightmare

i cannot see that it has ever worked properly as there are not enough cores at the Y valve JB. There is N, E, Heating demand, HW demand and a singles back to fire the boiler up, that's it....no HW satisifed.

and getting another core to it is going to be a nightmare

Convert it to an S plan and there is no need to add another core.