hardwiring welder

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlie2017

Reaction score
hi guys I have got my garage electric sorted but got another little question.. I ran 10.0mm² to garage and got it connected to a 40amp consumer box with 1x6amp and 1 x32amp mcb. lights and sockets are sorted but welder got to be hardwired. now there is only 1x 32amp mcb on consumer which is used for sockets.. before I call electrician again I wanna know how it will work? do I need new consumer box for cuircit breaker or something? thanks

welder manual says 16amp but 1 of my old friend got same welder as mine and he said 16 wont work I need 20 or 32. this is the consumer box I got installed(British General 40A 3-Way Garage Kit with 2 MCBS). I did tried to find 40amp consumer box with 2 x 32amp mcb or  20amp mcb but couldn't find it.. I do know I messed it up a bit but I really need to know if I need to put new consumer box. also electrician said I cant bigger then 40amp consumer box, is that correct? thanks

I cant install bigger then 40 amp**

You really need to get your spark back ..... On-site advice is 10 x better than the internet.

Looking at your previous thread, why didn't you tell said spark about the welder .... ?

its a big family mess, hes my father in law, mrs forced me to get him and I left him to do it.

There's a few ways you can do it, but rather than list them all here you are going to need the installer back (or another one).

Basically, nothings impossible.