Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam02mck

Reaction score
New to the group so thought i’d Introduce myself.

Sam, 23, just started as a contractor Electrical Tech at a gas terminal. Previously served my apprenticeship as a Marine Electrician aboard fishing boats and offshore supply vessels. As I post this i’m studying for my CompEx...quite a lot to take in when you’ve not much experience with Ex rated equipment!

Used to know Ex very well, not up to date now, but ask away and providing it is not up to date stuff I might have a chance 😀

Used to know Ex very well, not up to date now, but ask away and providing it is not up to date stuff I might have a chance 😀
You might wish you never offered here!

Looking through my notes and covering “gland accessory sequence”, i can’t see a definitive answer. If you have a plastic Ex e enclosure which does have an internal continuity plate, is a serrated washer internally sufficient for earth continuity? Or should an earth tag be used with a bond?

You might wish you never offered here!

Looking through my notes and covering “gland accessory sequence”, i can’t see a definitive answer. If you have a plastic Ex e enclosure which does have an internal continuity plate, is a serrated washer internally sufficient for earth continuity? Or should an earth tag be used with a bond?
Ohhh good question and without bluffing I can't remember the answer that JTL were wanting for that.

i do remember that very question being a source of great debate because our site standard always asked for an Earth tag, and we used to complain when we got marked down for going above the standard where JTL were always wanting the minimum acceptable standard as the correct answer.

I presume JTL is still the awarding body.

sorry I couldn't be of more help on that one but it has been about 6 years since I last had to think about that😀

Latest posts