Electricians Money saver idea

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am currently in electrical wholesale and I believe that many contractors do not get the best rates they can. I believe I can help with that. I am trying to find out if you electricians would be interested in a service in which I would check over your invoices/buying prices on a regular (daily if necessary) basis (for a small fee of course TBC) and negotiate best prices and make sure these are maintained. I have seen very high GP’s being charged to trusting electricians. I would be your account manager with a difference. The one you have know has a job to make as much money from you, my job would be to save you as much money as possible! Thoughts greatly appreciated. 

Not advertising purely researching. I get the impression a lot of contractors don’t have the time to shop around and therefore do not get the best rates?

Which is what I was hoping you may say. Many don’t want the hassle or don’t have the time to source online etc and will use wholesalers on a daily basis. These would be my targeted customers. Thank you again for your feedback.

I am trying to find out if you electricians would be interested in a service in which I would check over your invoices/buying prices on a regular (daily if necessary) basis (for a small fee of course TBC)

my job would be to save you as much money as possible! Thoughts greatly appreciated. 

Two concepts you describe look like a bit of a contradiction to me.........?????

e.g.  Paying any third party a fee for something I can do myself, is never going to be an option to save me as much money as possible...

Basic rule of business....  "Cut out the middle men"

:C

Last edited by a moderator:
I avoid wholesalers as much as I can. Apart from the 50 mile round trip to get to the nearest one, I hate their hidden pricing structure and having to negotiate a discount.

I buy almost exclusively on line from a number of suppliers I can trust with their transparent prices displayed to be compared

Yes this is something that can be done by contractors in general but how many aren’t actually doing this already? I know for a fact that lots aren’t and could be getting far better prices if being active. I could guarantee to save more than I’d charge so surely a no brainer right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes this is something that can be done by contractors in general but how many aren’t actually doing this already? I know for a fact that lots aren’t and could be getting far better prices if being active. I could guarantee to save more than I’d charge so surely a no brainer right?

So how are YOU going to make money?