Downfall of a government ????

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Defense minister resigns  after placing his hand on a female journalist's knee.   !!!1   Shes a tough cookie and doesn't actually give a damn what happened 15 yrs ago , she didn't name him  but the Sun did I believe.  

Now theres ...rape ...kiddie fiddling  and Savilling  on one hand ,  then theres putting your hand on someone's knee on the other ........should you resign for that ????   Has to be more to it  than that.

Defense minister  resigns Eh !!    I'm old enough to remember one of his forerunners ... the  Minister for War was the title then  in the Christine Keeler ..Mandy Rice Davis ...Russian spy case  .  

I was quite surprised TBH, and was going to post something similar but fell asleep instead. :lol:

Why would a long serving  defence secretary resign for touching a woman's knee? Come on, theses got to be more to it than that? 

We know have known for years that MP's are perverts Its not.really news is it? 

Some secret agenda going on here to stop us from procreating perhaps?

I am glad I am not a young man looking to find a mate.

Now putting your hand on a woman's knee is a sackable offence.

It seems to have come to the point a man my not approach a woman in any way to suggest he might fancy her.

Time for segregation between men and women. They are obviously not meant to mix and heaven forbid to do anything naughty. The human race is doomed.

Am I the only one that feels like this in the current situation?

This is all sounding a little Islamist if you ask me. 

Maybe in another fifty years it'll be women who are persecuted for touching the guy first??

I really think there are far more important issues to worry about in the world than touching someone's knee, although there was the Scottish electrician recently who was to be jailed for touching a mans thigh so who knows maybe the ethics can of the world is a changing!?

This is all sounding a little Islamist if you ask me. 

Maybe in another fifty years it'll be women who are persecuted for touching the guy first??

I really think there are far more important issues to worry about in the world than touching someone's knee, although there was the Scottish electrician recently who was to be jailed for touching a mans thigh so who knows maybe the ethics can of the world is a changing!?
Yes, the UK is getting more and more like Dubai and other places where one human being is not allowed to let any part of their body come into contact with another, even by accident.

And what about Jeremy sleeping with Diane? 
they were going out together at the time.

It's not so much what happens as how, namely power abuse. Shows your knickers and I'll get you promoted is just not appropriate for those in high places. I'm sure there are few ladies who are willing to do this to gain fame and fortune, like Christine Keeler. Why do else very nice looking women go out with ugly fat older blokes - like Trump? 

Can't help feel the defence minister has been up to something worse.......

Yes, the UK is getting more and more like Dubai and other places where one human being is not allowed to let any part of their body come into contact with another, even by accident.
How do they produce little dubaiians? They aren't allowed to watch the Flintstones either, but Abu Dhabi doo :)

How do they produce little dubaiians?

stork_baby.jpg.e6e9ab4f69edc97f2f606a152085e8b3.jpg

I heard that it was a bit more than touching her knee. I thought it was leaning across in an interview but seems that were seated together at some dinner and he was trying for some sly under the table action.

"Fall-on" his sword as The Sun put it! :)

He's my MP so I'll give him a thumbs up when see him! 

As a tall, verging on ginger, bearded t@sser with glasses myself I have to wonder what I'd have been like in Chris Evans position! :)

As a tall, verging on ginger, bearded t@sser with glasses myself I have to wonder what I'd have been like in Chris Evans position! :)

Well you'd    still  be a tall, ginger bearded t@sser with glasses  for a start ..................but ....a very rich one   :innocent :coat

I see a book in the mist, 

'The extreme shades of Ginger'

perhaps even contain a bit of ginger spice!?