C&K Securitech C023-203 Issue 1 Replacing back up battery

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minx

Reaction score
Hello

We've got the above alarm but have misplaced the manual ( had it until recently after 20 plus years so not bad). Recently, the alarm has been going off at about the same time each evening. The installer has long since ceased trading but some has suggested that it is likely to be the back up battery that needs replacing. As I've lost the manual, I have no idea what battery I need nor what's involved in replacing the battery. As I know the code needed to turn on and turn off the alarm I don't need this but I'm unsure whether other codes may be needed to change the back up battery. 

Any help gratefully received.

thanks

Battery size is supposed be calculated according to how much current required, but most often alarm companies will "Just bung in this one" so I suggest you open the lid (Internal sounder should start, enter your code) and look to see what battery they have installed, then buy one the same size.  it will be 12v,  1.2  Ah, 2.1 Ah, 2.8 Ah or 7Ah     You can buy a new one on line Yuasa are the best.

Hi Richard-the-ninth-thanks for the helpful reply. When you say the internal sounder should start once the lid has opened, I presume the code I enter is just the set/reset code that we use every day?

Thanks too for the tip of Yausa battery. Many thanks

Minx

Just to add to the above advice, assuming you get the right battery and replace it. Put a sticker on the front of the alarm box, giving the date you fit the new battery, and keep a note that many battery manufactures recommend they have a 5 year lifespan. Obviously this is actually related to how many times it has had to operate due to supply failure and the size of the alarm system it has to power. But even so as they are not too expensive it is wise to just replace the battery every 5 years anyway to avoid erratic operation of the system.

Doc H. 

Good advice, Doc H. Will do as you suggest. I'll post back when I've had a go. Only concern is that there is a different anti-tamper code, when I take the cover off. I only the set/ reset code we use to turn the alarm on and off. 

Thanks

Latest update: unscrewed cover (one screw) and the tamper alarm bleeped at the keypad. Noted that the battery is a Global Yausa ES 3.2.12 (12v 3.2Ah) battery. Connected by a red live and black neutral spade-type connectors. Replaced the cover and turned off the tamper beep at the keypad by entering the code and #. Needed to do this twice for the bleeping to stop. 

Will now order the Yasau battery. Hope this sorts it. 

Anything else I should do? 

Hopefully we can still set/unset the alarm before the battery arrives.

thanks for your help.