Brexit referendum II would you change your mind?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How would you vote in a second referendum?

• Yes - EU all the way! (Remain)

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • No - Fish! (Leave)

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Don't care it's all bovine excrement anyway

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
Do what the people voted for the first time. 

If we change our mind now then we'll be the laughing stock of the EU despite being one of the biggest contributors. We will have no say with the EU as they will think we didn't have the balls of our conviction this time. 

I say say this to the remainers, you want to stay in the Eu then vote with your feet and go to the Eu but hurry up about it as we won't tolerate you for long. 

I voted originally to join  what was called  The Common Market ,  the only information we were given was " It is merely what it says on the tin ,   a Common Market nothing more , nothing to be concerned about . 

The border tariffs will  be dropped and Britain will have a much larger market for her goods .

Based on that I voted IN .

I also voted to REMAIN  even though we were  bullshined .    I think  it is the wrong decision to leave,  we should remain but fight to restrict the free movement of labour into our overcrowded country  .   Note that we do not get the better off Europeans coming here , like the French or Germans  .   We are NOT like the United States , who were large enough to take in and wellcome that huge influx of European  immigrants  into their massive , industrialised, expanding country .    

We are NOT big enough ,    we are a virtually bankrupt country who still thinks it is a major force in the world .  

Even in 1939  this country thought it was  powerful enough to  take on Nazi Germany   ...when after 9 months    our army was retreating in  confusion  from Dunkirk    and within 2 years the  war had bankrupted  the country .  

The next 4 years was fought  by courtesy of  American money , American industry and American  armed forces  ,  like it or not .   

and the Yanks made a fortune from us....

think the question should be who would change their vote since the referendum?

I voted to leave, but given the complete turmoil we seem to be heading for currently, I'm not sure I would vote that way again. This based on the very selfish fact that retirement is looming and the financial security that offer. I'm feeling too old and injured to face working my way out of a financial hole / decimation of the economy.

However, the behaviour of the EU elite just makes my blood boil and re-enforces why I voted to piss the buggers off!

Fill in the Chunnel and give people incentives to grow their own veg. Bring back corner shops. Ban all chain fast food restaurants and coffee shops...and Facebook...

Money earnt here stays here...

Ban those car wash feckers in Sainsburys. Let's face it they live 15 to a bed in shed and send what pittance they get back home after the Gangmaster had taken his cut!

Tell Google, Apple et al to FO

As you tell very little thought has gone into my manifesto...

I'm in the curry house btw...

having dinner cooked by Illegal immigrants  :slap baddayexplode

:lol:

Some very good points here @Sharpend @Evans Electric @Onoff @binky :D

I voted to remain out of selfishness, same reason as binky really, though we are at opposite ends of the spectrum that is life.

I still do feel Britain  could go it alone and be great again but the dufuss political classes mess it up, it's clear that nobody has any idea what's going on and there is no real drive behind the ideal.

Oh well it's done now we may as well plod on rather than oh great let's really think about this and make it work.

The truth is Ducky, our leaders lost their way many years ago and since then we've become a bunch of nodding dogs, all brexit has proved is that democracy doesn't work, capitalism doesn't work and globalisation doesn't work. 

History will show that the EU were the inflexible bullies.

And there you have it. 

How dumb and and stupid are we really, we teach the kids from a young age all about history, saturate their minds in the stuff, then as they develop into adults the dumb and stupid cells take hold and we ignore everything we've learned. 

Isnt it about time time we had a complete mental shift and actually take notice of that that we have learned from those gone before? 

Its armistice soon and we'll see all same old faces out at the memorials giving it large for remembering what those before us done for us, then they'll get back in their cars and forget everything and continue to acts like complete jerks. 

Its about time the people stood up and grew a back bone, like those that fought for us, and took back the control. 

The French still hold a grudge against the British for abandoning France in 1940 .... Idiots, if the UK had stayed, we would have been overrun by the Germans ......with guns, tanks and planes...

The truth is Ducky, our leaders lost their way many years ago and since then we've become a bunch of nodding dogs, all brexit has proved is that democracy doesn't work, capitalism doesn't work and globalisation doesn't work. 
democracy is better than anything else I can think of, trouble is it has been hijacked by the rich who keep telling us how wonderful things will be tomorrow, you just have to suffer now and trust them.....

Voted to leave and getting fed up with all the "difficulties" - having seen the priority of EU negotiators, i want to leave even more and preferably with no deal and no more money to the EU gravy train. 

democracy is better than anything else I can think of, trouble is it has been hijacked by the rich who keep telling us how wonderful things will be tomorrow, you just have to suffer now and trust them.....

I guess that all depends on what you see as democracy?? 

Interesting comments Binky, 

so what you're saying is that you're happy for a small group to dictate democracy whilst you suffer and that's the best available option?? 

In what other areas of your life are you happy to live this way??