Electric Timers for Combi boilers

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, just moving into a bigger, much older house. Its an Arriston Combi boiler, it has a thermostat, but no timer apparently. As this isnt a subject that I know a huge deal about, what options do I have regarding buying a timer? could I possibly get one that incorporates a thermostat etc?

Sorry for the basic question, I just dont know a huge amount on this side of things.

Regards

Andy Guinness

most boilers have a terminal for external timers, stats etc. so really its just a case of wire any you want, connect to the boiler and youre done. the manuals usually have some kind of wiring diagram, have a look for it

Last edited by a moderator:
OOoooh  Binky has cast doubt upon the scene  now .  I don't know if   Ariston are any good or not but you may be stuck with it for a while so if the wiring diagram  isn't there I'm sure you'll get it online.

Any CH programmer or timer  should do the trick  , there may be a slot for  timer in the boiler panel .   But check the Manufacturer's  Instructions for over-run  etc ...fan assisted flue etc  .  

Just be careful.

If the boiler has a pair of terminals for a "timer" best get one that has a volt free relay contact. You don't KNOW that it is swicthing 230V do you?