HELP on This Question PLS

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Ig

Reaction score
Three Resistor are connected in Parallel across a D.C supply. The value of Two Resistors are 12Ω and 18Ω respectively. If the 18Ω resistors have a current of 18 amps flowing through it and the total current drawn from the supply is 81 amperes

Calculate:

1. The Voltage

2. The value of the current flowing through each resistors

3. The value of in ohms, of the third resistor

My Private email address has been removed i would be happy if you can help most especially how to calculate the third resistance in parallel

Firstly Frank welcome to the forum.

Now reading your post, you refer to 3 resistors, and then you refer to 18 Ohm resistors as plural, thus more than one, so at least two, and then a 12 Ohm resistor, so do you have 2 off 18 Ohm and one off 12 Ohm in parallel?

you would get a better answer if you tried to do it yourself first and post where you go to instead of expecting people to do everything for you and email it to you

Hi Frank and welcome.

You will need to use Ohms Law to work out unknown values from known ones, I find this calculator useful http://www.ohmslawcalculator.com/ohms-law-calculator

Post up your answers as Andy says and we can go over them

Oh and it is probably best to edit out your email address to avoid spam, this is a public Forum, anyone could be reading this

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a word of warning, don't put your private e-mail address in a public forum, we use a private messaging system here. Ask one of the moderators to remove it.

Show the calculations you have done so far as we really shouldn't do your homework for you.

I would hope his lecturer has given him the calculations before setting the homework question.

There again, maybe not. One of our lecturers had the brilliant idea that we should do all the practical stuff in the power and electronics labs first and do the theory later.

Last edited by a moderator:
you would get a better answer if you tried to do it yourself first and post where you go to instead of expecting people to do everything for you and email it to you

Anyway thanks for ur reply Andy. But do not be rude.  You are very wrong to say i expect someone to do everything  for me. I expect something better from from you thanks.

I would hope his lecturer has given him the calculations before setting the homework question.

There again, maybe not. One of our lecturers had the brilliant idea that we should do all the practical stuff in the power and electronics labs first and do the theory later.
Thank you very much Mr Tony. The Question i asked was not related to my lecture please let us be responsible a bit.

Whoa! Hold on Frank, Andy is just giving you some sound advice. Whilst we're giving up our time to help freely, it is of no benefit to you or us if we just spoon feed you and given that you haven't given any indication of how you are approaching it then Andy and the rest of us can only take it that you just want the answers, why else would we need your email? If you are participating on an open forum then there is no need for an email. 

So to resume, how are you approaching it? 

Firstly Frank welcome to the forum.

Now reading your post, you refer to 3 resistors, and then you refer to 18 Ohm resistors as plural, thus more than one, so at least two, and then a 12 Ohm resistor, so do you have 2 off 18 Ohm and one off 12 Ohm in parallel?
Thanks there there three resistance 1= 12 ohms and 2= 18 ohms  3= missing and the 18 ohms has 18 amp and drawing a total current 81amp Now what would be the number  value of the third resistor missing?

thanks again 

Whoa! Hold on Frank, Andy is just giving you some sound advice. Whilst we're giving up our time to help freely, it is of no benefit to you or us if we just spoon feed you and given that you haven't given any indication of how you are approaching it then Andy and the rest of us can only take it that you just want the answers, why else would we need your email? If you are participating on an open forum then there is no need for an email. 

So to resume, how are you approaching it? 
Thanks i am fine friend. I expected high level friendship but his reply was a bit unfriendly.

Just admit you want us to answer the question.

I have given you the two formulas you need, now use them. 
Sorry somebody from other web already help me out very helpful to me and yes i need understanding not ur angry reply.

youll be back next week when there is another similar question, asking for answer because you still cant work them out yourself and you need help

Status
Not open for further replies.