Apollo Lighting

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam W

Reaction score
I'm currently rewiring a reception area.  I wasn't given much to go on so came up with a design using Collingwood lights, which are apparently too expensive so I was asked to come up with something cheaper.

I've come across Apollo Lighting, who do fittings which look identical to Collingwood but presumably since they're a less well known brand are cheaper?

Has anyone come across or even used these before?   Are they any good?

http://www.apollolighting.co.uk/about-us/    According to their "about us" page they started in 1989 primarily as low energy lighting for the health-care sector. Possibly anyone who has worked in hospitals etc may have more hands on experience of their products? Also a relatively young company at under 30yrs old.

Doc H.

Thanks for your help so far with this.   I've got some quotes in front of me; Edmundson's price for Apollo equivalents is still coming out at over £80 per fitting which isn't much different.

Can anyone recommend a 4000k LED circular asymmetric wall washer with matching downlighters in the same range, preferably with wide beam angle?

I'd ideally like them with a white bezel, around 12W per fitting.   I'm also after some LED eyeball fittings for a curved ceiling above the reception desk but these don't have to match - I'm getting the impression I can't be that fussy.

I like Collingwood, but they are pricey!  I quite like the KSR range of downlights (Denmans/ Rexel). Most downlights are relatively wide angled these days. Not looked at wall wash for a while. Best answer is to visit wholeslaers and have a look at the products if you can. Looking at the Apollo website, it looks better than most stuff, got a little more detailing in the design than the likes of stuff like Eterna, which usually means some 'thought' has gone into the product, and should be reasonable quality.