13amp Plug & Play hot tub

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteMor

Reaction score
Hi, 

i have just purchased a Plug & Play 13amp hot tub which I intend to run from the garage mains (it’s connected to House consumer unit with MCB). 

Manufacture says just plug into a household plug socket.... but.... with safety in mind, would it be wrong to have a rotary isolator externally fixed to garage connected to a dedicated Fused spur off the garage mains? (or am I just over thinking this)?!! 

Though process is.... IF in an emergency hot tub needs power off and garage is locked, I’d need to run to house or open garage to ‘flick’ trip / switch with probably wet hands??!!! 

There is a spare mcb on the garage consumer which I thought could maybe be dedicated for hot tub, running direct to rotary isolator? 

All you have mentioned so far is MCB's, Mini Consumer unit and connected to house with MCB.........

No actual detail of cable sizes, protective device ratings, or what rating the RCD is?

Without a few more facts and numbers its a bit like asking do you reckon me and my mates will be alright to get a Christmas meal at the pub down the road....?

With no mention of dates or numbers of guests, its all quite hit and miss  ??

Don't think anyone could offer much more guidance without some specifications and numbers to crunch..

Guinness  

Last edited by a moderator: