Armeg Limited

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Armeg UK

Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi TEF,

We've been introduced in another thread as a forum sponsor by the Admin but felt that we ought to do it officially in the introductions forum.

For those that haven't heard of us we are Armeg, a manufacturing company based just outside Sheffield. We started out in business as a masonry bit manufacturer which still forms a large part of our business and are actually the only company left in the UK that still do make masonry bits. Something we are very proud of.

To stay in business we have had to diversify into many different products. A lot of which are trade solutions geared towards the electrical installation sector.

Feel free to take a look at our brand spanking new website here:-

http://www.armeg.com

We look forward to being an active member of the forum with the specific aims of helping people out with regards to our products and their uses, sorting out problems, gaining feedback on our products including suggestions for new products, range extensions etc. We need to know what you want, then hopefully we can get it to market.

There will be competitions, giveaways, and maybe the chance to road-test new products before they go to market.

Various members of staff may post from time to time but on the whole it will be me. I'm Phil and I'm the Technical Support Manager. Some of you may have already met me at exhibitions, trade events, breakfast mornings etc. If we have met, hello again!! If not, come and say Hi, we have an events tab on our website telling you where we'll be

Thanks for reading, glad we have finally arrived!!!

Cheers,

Phil.

Good to have a sponsor on board that is willing to interact with members of the forum, there is two or three of such sponsors on this forum and I must admit it does make a difference to me in a positive way regarding their products.

Good to have a sponsor on board that is willing to interact with members of the forum, there is two or three of such sponsors on this forum and I must admit it does make a difference to me in a positive way regarding their products.
Thanks Roy, good to hear

Nice shout Phil, look forward to your being about, product testing is second nature for us sparks so if you need any help just speak up!!
Cheers Sharpend. Watch this space!

Please tell me Armeg is not short for arm-and-a-leg.  :innocent  

:Welcome:
Thanks Rob, "Arm and a leg" means a lot of money right? If I had a pound every time I'd heard that I'd have a lot of money!! :D

Thanks Rob, "Arm and a leg" means a lot of money right? If I had a pound every time I'd heard that I'd have a lot of money!! :D
Sorry Phil. From your website;

The company was formed in 1973 by two brothers, Andrew and Michael Green, who had been working locally within the industry. By bringing their initials together, the name ‘Armeg’ was born. 

"How was the name 'Armeg' born" perhaps? 

Other sponsors use promotional videos with the answer somewhere in the video, see ck tools posts in the competitions forum
We could do that question. Unfortunately everyone knows the answer now :D

I will get marketing to have a look at your suggestion regarding other suppliers competition ideas, thanks Rob :)

Me again Phil. Reading your Torque Screwdriver Set page the Paragraph inset stating why you need a torque screwdriver is quoting an out-of date reg. 

BS7671 2008 Amd 3 134.1.1 now states "Good workmanship by skilled or instructed persons and proper materials shall be used in the erection of the electrical installation. The installation of electrical equipment shall take account of Manufacturers' instructions." so not quite as restrictive as the previous wording. The draft document for the 18th has it unchanged from Amd 3.

Me again Phil. Reading your Torque Screwdriver Set page the Paragraph inset stating why you need a torque screwdriver is quoting an out-of date reg. 

BS7671 2008 Amd 3 134.1.1 now states "Good workmanship by skilled or instructed persons and proper materials shall be used in the erection of the electrical installation. The installation of electrical equipment shall take account of Manufacturers' instructions." so not quite as restrictive as the previous wording. The draft document for the 18th has it unchanged from Amd 3.
Hi Rob, many thanks for bringing that to our attention and giving us the opportunity to get up to date. You are literally just in time because the artwork for the reprint of our catalogue is getting signed off today so we can amend. the website will be easy to update but unfortunately, we have lots of packaging that cannot be altered yet. We will change that when that gets reprinted and will obviously take a look at the 18th when that comes in.

Thanks again Rob, much appreciated :)

Hi everyone,

Just a quick heads up to you all that I finish for the festive season today. Just letting you know in case someone posts and expects a response and might not get one. :D

I'm back in the new year and one of my first jobs will be to announce the winner of our tool tote competition.

In the meantime, I'd like to wish you all from myself and everyone at Armeg a very happy and peaceful Christmas and New Year :)

Phil.

Well aren't you the lucky one! 

Dont feel bad Phil the workers will keep the country going. 

Anyway have a nice festive break I'm sure you've earned it and I look forward to my phone call in the new year ;)  

merry christmas. 

Must go I'm rather busy don't break until Friday. :(  

Anyway have a nice festive break I'm sure you've earned it and I look forward to my phone call in the new year ;)  

merry christmas. 

Yeah, cheers Sharpie :)

We don't actually finish until Friday here as well but I've been that busy this year with trade days, exhibitions and other such delights I had some holidays left so banging them in to spend with the family :)

Merry Xmas.

merry christmas. 

He's down the pub already.  Guinness

Edit; spoke too soon, enjoy your break Phil.

Last edited by a moderator: