IP44 pendant or similar

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Customer wants to hang an illuminated Moroccan style lantern outside.

Like this http://www.moroccandecor.co.uk/Moroccan-Lantern-ML23-1

I was thinking about using a wiska box to connect to an IP44 pendant with its own flex  -  something similar to whats used with festoon lighting but cant find a 'single' version.

Any ideas please?

(I'll let them worry about how long the lantern will last when exposed to the elements  - i'm just thinking about doing it safely)

Can you not just flex direct from wiska box and carry through the pendant to achieve desired effect? (No actual joints external to wiska ?) 

Sorry I probably didnt explain well enough.

The lantern is perforated and provides no protection against the elements so any pendant enclosed within will itself be exposed to the weather and therefore I was looking for something like the pendants used in festoon lighting which are IP44.

I hope thats a bit clearer?

don't like that shade  :^O

I see what you mean about festoon lighting being the only things available. You could fill the back of a standard pendant with silicone, but that still leaves front of lamp holder exposed, it needs a seal of some sort, like those old twin spot security lights used to have.

Only other thing I can think of is to go 12v, perhaps something from boats might suffice, or solder leads to 12V lamp

Remember most low energy bulbs are unsuitable for using in this way - you'd probably need a rough service tungsten filament bulb.

Latest posts