Karizma Keypad

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ian F

Reaction score
Hi,

I’m trying to add an additional keypad to a Karizma alarm system for a friend, it’s set to keypad 2 and has picked up the time and date. But I can’t set the alarm with it.

Does the main unit need to be programmed to tell it that there’s now 2 keypads?

I tried the 9999 engineers code, but that won’t let me in.

i just don’t want to rip the entire thing out and start again. Agghhhhhh

Ian

dont use ADE stuff, but if the engineer code is not the default then itll have been changed by whoever put it in. some alarm will work fine if you just add them, others they will need programmed

might be easier to start again. If the codes have been changed you will find it very hard to get access or re-set main panel. You can probably re-use cabling, and may get away with just changing main panel. Also got to be worth contacting alarm manufacturers help-line to ask for advice.

Its a bit late, but you can easily default the engineers code.

From memory you do have to change a setting (I cant remember which one, might have the manual some where)

The thing with a Karizma is it uses ID biscuits which means you can run up to 30 devices on 1, 4 core cable it was and still is clever, but sadly obsolete so I would suggest you change all of it now while you can rather than wait till it goes wrong and you have to change it.

Latest posts