Sometimes you wonder .... .. what am I doing up here?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In bloomin' lofts I mean , wallowing in 300 feet of vile insulation ,  mask on , glasses steaming up , trying to find cables  etc.   

Then my  colleague crawls through towing a cable and suddenly makes a rapid exit .       

Like myself , 50 odd years in this trade ... done it a million times ...... he suddenly gets cramp and has a panic attack  up there .  !!  :eek:

A sparky I know who worked for British Gas stepped on something he thought was solid in a loft and went crashing through a sheet of glass into the hall below. Luckily he was alright, nothing really major.

That photo reminded me of it. I can't see that loft latch holding much weight 

Beats where I was last week. In a cellar. ****ty muddy floor on a slope, all sorts of carp laying around, and to get to where I needed to be it had tapered away to almost nothing.

Re loft finds, my best one was a WWII rifle under the insulation by the hatch. The funny thing was it was an ex police house, and only just purchased so no previous non police occupants.

Working at a police  house once ,  I kept having to avoid a large locked box in the loft  so in the end  , grabbed hold and lifted  ...only it didn't lift  , pulled a muscle in my back ,   damn thing was screwed  to the joists .  

Mentioned it to the copper ,  it was his standby emergency   riot gear  plus a firearm and ammunition .