ELO

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just about to go to bed  when  Jeff Lynn's ELO   2017   Wembley concert comes on BBC2     .    Wow!! So professional ,  they just blow these namby pamby  12 year old   boy bands  away . 

He's one of the most underrated  performers in British  Rock  and a typical laid back Brummie  .  No grandstanding  & prancing about  ,  OOoo look at me  I'm the big rock star  etc      just walks on and does the business .   

He said in the voice over at the start   " Me dad told me not to get big headed an' all that  an' I hope I havn't  "          

We worked by his studio in the city  some time back , and where we went for a coffee  he would come in to get a load of sandwiches & coffees  for whoever  .  No sending a flunkie down the caff.  

You think we've got a problem, you might want to check your clocks batteries! Coz I just know your not the sort to upset us by saying your in some far away exotic land. 

Are you sorting out Santa's sleigh?😋
I wish!

Seeing how fast he can travel I would be getting him to take it for a test drive & dropping me home rather than a 7 hour overnight flight back tomorrow.

Pop quiz anyone?

I am in a foreign land

About a 7 hour flight from the UK

It is very cold

The city I am in has an international airport

I had Poutine for lunch yesterday, washed down with Molson beer

Beer in fluid ounces

Distances in km

Oh & parlez vou Francais?

Should be easy from that! 🤪

Yes it is Montreal!

It's blinking cold, and snowy, very pretty, but I've only seen it from the plane window when I flew in on Wednesday evening, the taxi window to the hotel, my hotel room window, the taxi back and for the factory, and a car window when we went out for lunch on Thursday & Friday!

My hotel room view is the Pratt & Whitney factory.

If I look at an oblique angle I can just make out the St Lawrence Seaway.

I never mentioned prizes though.

Some namby pamby sacrilege for you here.

My childhood was spent listening to ELO, my father had the double cassette ELO greatest hits album in the car.

Yes it is Montreal!

It's blinking cold, and snowy, very pretty, but I've only seen it from the plane window when I flew in on Wednesday evening, the taxi window to the hotel, my hotel room window, the taxi back and for the factory, and a car window when we went out for lunch on Thursday & Friday!

My hotel room view is the Pratt & Whitney factory.

If I look at an oblique angle I can just make out the St Lawrence Seaway.

I never mentioned prizes though.

This is an ELO thread after all.