DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.

neon

Hi guys,

I'm looking at adding a new piece of equipment to my Texecom Premier Elite 48 control panel, which requires me to upgrade the firmware. I'm looking at how it is done and I require a connection to the board from my computer.

My issue is I have found two pieces of equipment which allow me to do it, and am unsure of which one I should use. The devices are:

https://www.powersaver.co.uk/security/security-systems/texecom-premier-premier-elite-panels-accessories/texecom-jac-0001-premier-usb-com-plug-on-module-for-connecting-premier-panels-to-a-usb-port-on-a-pc-or-laptop.html

and

https://www.powersaver.co.uk/security/security-systems/texecom-premier-premier-elite-panels-accessories/texecom-jaf-0001-usb-modem-for-premier-elite-intruder-panels-for-use-with-wintex-software.html

If somone could tell me if there is any difference between the two devices, if one will work and one won't, etc etc.

Many thanks guys!

Andy™

first wont work on its own. you will need the USB lead that you normally connect with (link 1), which is connected to the flasher module which then connects to the panel on a different port to usual. not done any 3>4 but plenty 2>3 and not had any issues with them

https://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/intruder-alarm-c-36/intruder-alarm-ancillaries-c-36_46/texecom-premier-elite-flasher-interface-p-3198.html

modem is for remote dialling into the panel using the panel COM2400 and is not suitable for flashing

Edited by Andy™

neon

Thanks for the quick reply Andy.

When you sai "you will need the USB lead that you normally connect with", I have never connected to my system via any PC, all of the programming was done via the system keypad.

I'll go ahead and order the part you have suggested, but do I need another part or is it just a standard wire I'll have laying around?

Cheers

Andy™

you will need both leads. i very much doubt you will have one lying round (if you did, id expect you to have already used it...)

you will also have to reset panel to default

neon

Would you be able to point me in the direction of the other lead which I will need?

Andy™

i already did.

do you also have the flasher software?

neon

Sorry I'm a bit confused.

You said "you will need the USB lead that you normally connect with (link 1), which is connected to the flasher module ".

The link you sent me was the flasher module if I'm correct: https://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/intruder-alarm-c-36/intruder-alarm-ancillaries-c-36_46/texecom-premier-elite-flasher-interface-p-3198.html

My confusion is the "you will need the USB lead that you normally connect with" - I'm not sure what this part is, unless the link you sent me is this and the flasher module you are referring to is actually on the board?

As for the software, when I ordered the system (it was a package), it came witha software disk, and the box also has a big banner with the web addressed to download both wintex, ricochet monitor, manuals and the latest firmware.

It also has instructions indicating I should buy the first link that I posted (the JAC-0001) along with the flasher link you gave me.

I can PM you the link I've found if you wish.

Thanks you for all your help

Andy™

link 1 in your post... that lead connects to flasher module

you can download from their site, but you need to be a registered installer

neon

Andy, thank you so much for all your help, you've been fantastic!

Hopefully this post will help someone else in the future.

I've registered as an installer, it only takes seconds and there is no verification process.

Andy™

there is a verification process (at least there used to be?). although they are pretty lax about who they let in, one thing i dont like about them

and you programmed it though the keypad, poor you. far easier by PC

neon
1 minute ago, Andy™ said:

and you programmed it though the keypad, poor you. far easier by PC

Don't even get the started lmao - days it took, weeks even, to get everything right, running back and forth to sensors and checking numbers. I can't wait for this PC link to ease my life.

Andy™

if youre feeling rather lazy, connect it your network with a comIP or comwifi, then take laptop around the property with you...

neon

Yeah the equipment I'm about to attach is the Texecom Connect SmartCom - which requires firmware V4.

I'm hoping this will make my life easier, my GSM device keeps glitching and losing signal, throwing errors on the panel, even though I have installed an enormous aerial for it.

Andy™

let us know how you get on, not tried the smartcom yet, fairly new and never had a need for it

neon

Once it is has arrived and is installed I'll make a "review" post for everyone =]