Windows 10?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpend

"It Just Is"
Reaction score
So bought a new laptop, was going for a MacBook but don't know if I could justify the money as only do some browsing and a few documents, so landed a windows laptop.

Now the laptop and processor is very nice but what the heck happened to windows? 

It seems very restrictive now in terms of having only Microsoft products readily available. Where is YouTube? Can't get the google play store up? 

To navigate the thing is complex. What happened to hit the menu button and the program lists opened up. 

Just can't seem to get on with it?? 

Any tips pointers gladly welcome

you can get a windows 7 start menu mod

of course you cant get the google play store up, thats for android OS. bit like says you cant get the apple store up on android device

youtube is still accessible the way it always was, simply go to yourtube.com

So bought a new laptop, was going for a MacBook but don't know if I could justify the money as only do some browsing and a few documents, so landed a windows laptop.

Now the laptop and processor is very nice but what the heck happened to windows? 

It seems very restrictive now in terms of having only Microsoft products readily available. Where is YouTube? Can't get the google play store up? 

To navigate the thing is complex. What happened to hit the menu button and the program lists opened up. 

Just can't seem to get on with it?? 

Any tips pointers gladly welcome

It's windows 10.... 

You should've plumped for a Mac book, the additional cost is equal to the time saved getting windows to do what you wanted in the first place.

First job would be get it back to being a vanilla copy of windows by uninstalling of all the bloatware that came with it.

Then go to Google,  get chrome back &  start searching for all the useful applications that you know and love.

Keep out of the Microsoft store it's just trying to keep you in the Microsoft universe, think of it as North Korean internet.

Just Like when you get into a new van or car, it beeps at you and you don't know why, it's uncomfortable because you can't work out the seat and you can't see anything because you aren't used to the mirrors, same with windows computers; its there you just haven't worked out where they have moved everything to.

Failing all that you could try Ubuntu.

you can get a windows 7 start menu mod

of course you cant get the google play store up, thats for android OS. bit like says you cant get the apple store up on android device

youtube is still accessible the way it always was, simply go to yourtube.com

You can get the chrome / Google app store on any device running chrome.

Dont go to your tube dot com unless you like pop ups &  want to start cryptomining for the Chinese mafia.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
For what its worth, I have had windows 10 for some time, works for me, as does youtube.

I have attached a picture of what I can see (But to get rid of the big box, i just click outside of it.

lt.jpg

Yes, like I said, I don't have to look at that, here is a pic of what I normally see.

lt2.jpg

So I can get a screen as yours Richard however if you want a programme then the moment you go near the windows button up all the carp comes again, does that mean all programmes need a shortcut on the desktop screen. 

I will continue to explore.